5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bend National Park Trip in 2019 Limited

bfp9

Reaction score
Hi Gents -

First thread on this forum. Active on Bimmerforums and M5Board though so not entirely new to the forum thing.

Bought a new Limited back in Jan after returning from overseas. Knew I wanted a truck, but had never owned a car larger than an E39 M5 so I didn't quite know what I was getting into. To make matters more interesting, I bought this truck sight unseen from a family friend in Michigan who owns a Chrysler Ram Jeep Dodge Dealer. After talking to him on the phone, he said it was the first one he got on the showroom floor with the options he would have wanted in a truck. He gave me a phenomenal deal and I took it.

So far things have been better than I would have imagined with the Truck, except the awful Bridgestone Duelers that came on the Truck from the factory. Long story short - over the course of 3 months I got three separate flats with those tires. I had enough and bought 5 new BFG K02s in 305/55/20. I knew I wanted to do some offloading in the truck and would have to by nature of my job so I negotiated a full size spare from the dealer. Gives me some peace of mind while going off the beaten path.

Mods: None.
Packages: Fully Loaded (No ORP) - except the surround cameras because of the weird tow package thing that took the power mirrors from the truck. Not a big issue. Doesn't and hasn't bothered me yet.

Arrived at Big Bend Friday night - ended up arriving while there was a massive storm system hanging overhead - set up the tent, rainfly, and bed down for 7 hours. Woke up, did a quick hike up to Emery Peak - pretty cool spot. Not a hard hike at all. Then decided we wanted to get as close to the Rio Grande as possible, so we headed down the 61 mile trail on River Road. It was rated as Moderate on All Trails. I was initially concerned due to the rains and the flash flooding in Texas - ended up fine.

On to the pics:

fullsizeoutput_f06 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_f16 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_f02 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_efd by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_ef7 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_efb by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_ef8 by bfp9, on Flickr

And one for good measure of "The Window" from a little different perspective.

fullsizeoutput_ec5 by bfp9, on Flickr

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I sure did.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I'm on Bimmerpost too (track day stuff).

Nice to see these truck getting out there and used to explore our great country.

CaptainCJ35

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi Gents -

First thread on this forum. Active on Bimmerforums and M5Board though so not entirely new to the forum thing.

Bought a new Limited back in Jan after returning from overseas. Knew I wanted a truck, but had never owned a car larger than an E39 M5 so I didn't quite know what I was getting into. To make matters more interesting, I bought this truck sight unseen from a family friend in Michigan who owns a Chrysler Ram Jeep Dodge Dealer. After talking to him on the phone, he said it was the first one he got on the showroom floor with the options he would have wanted in a truck. He gave me a phenomenal deal and I took it.

So far things have been better than I would have imagined with the Truck, except the awful Bridgestone Duelers that came on the Truck from the factory. Long story short - over the course of 3 months I got three separate flats with those tires. I had enough and bought 5 new BFG K02s in 305/55/20. I knew I wanted to do some offloading in the truck and would have to by nature of my job so I negotiated a full size spare from the dealer. Gives me some peace of mind while going off the beaten path.

Mods: None.
Packages: Fully Loaded (No ORP) - except the surround cameras because of the weird tow package thing that took the power mirrors from the truck. Not a big issue. Doesn't and hasn't bothered me yet.

Arrived at Big Bend Friday night - ended up arriving while there was a massive storm system hanging overhead - set up the tent, rainfly, and bed down for 7 hours. Woke up, did a quick hike up to Emery Peak - pretty cool spot. Not a hard hike at all. Then decided we wanted to get as close to the Rio Grande as possible, so we headed down the 61 mile trail on River Road. It was rated as Moderate on All Trails. I was initially concerned due to the rains and the flash flooding in Texas - ended up fine.

On to the pics:

fullsizeoutput_f06 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_f16 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_f02 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_efd by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_ef7 by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_efb by bfp9, on Flickr

fullsizeoutput_ef8 by bfp9, on Flickr

And one for good measure of "The Window" from a little different perspective.

fullsizeoutput_ec5 by bfp9, on Flickr

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I sure did.
Epic post and pics! Well done. That last shot is amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread