5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BH with off road pkg, (quad cab 6 4 box) front end height

JBV

Reaction score
Good day eh. i test drove a new Ram today and i'm thinking of buying one of these crazy super trucks. quite the vehicle, wow. quiet, powerful, so nice to drive for such a big truck.

i'm coming from a Nissan Frontier short box with a quality lift kit of about 3 inches in the front. the Ram will not be expected to go places this smaller truck goes simply due to size, but i am wondering about how low the air dam is on the Ram and have you guys had problems, like hitting it with ease, or even ripping it off. maybe it's not as low as it looks in photos. i know they work hard to get those milage figures up and i reckon these low air dams are all part of that.

19ORG

Reaction score
The most that I’ve done is gravel roads so far, so I don’t have a good answer for you. These trucks not only have the static air dam that you see when the truck is sitting, but also an active air dam that sits behind it and extends at speed.
There’s a really good thread on the forum about removing both and people’s experience with the effects.
I do several 750 mile round trip drives between spring and fall, and I want to do a few of those to get a good baseline before removing it.

JBV

Reaction score
ah yes, there had to be a thread already about this. good read, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread