5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BFGoodrich T/A KO2 vs Nitto Rodge Grappler

KWRIBoom

Reaction score
Why are people choosing the Nitto say over a BFGoodrich? Looks alone, I agree, The Nitto looks awesome but isn’t the KO2 one of the best rates tires out there?

I really like the Nitto’s but I’ve read / watched some bad reviews that they get chunked up looking and wear quickly. Anyone have long term experience with the Nitto’s.

I am finding it hard to buy a more expensive Nitto over a tire I do have a great experience with. The Nitto’s look really good though so it’s distorting my decisions.

I went with Nitto Trail Grapplers (295/60R20 aka 33.9x11.6). My whole reasoning was a lot of the guys I off-road with have them and I’ve gotten a lot of exposure to them and of course they look amazing...
Road noise is not noticeable at all, unless you’re driving with windows down and no radio. As far as mileage, it all depends. I’ve seen someone get 45k and I know a guy who is still rippin mud at 60k on his Jeep (still tread somehow).

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Both brand makes a good quality tire. Think some just buy for looks at that point.
Price be damned.

sass

Reaction score
I completely agree. I love the KO2's in winter but I was burning through a set every 25k miles on my previous 3/4 ton truck. Now I am looking at the Ridge Grapplers just for the fact they would fit my stock 22's.

What size are you looking at? I am leaning towards the 305/45/22.

I saw a guy in here doing the 33/12.5/22. Since I’m gonna rock the stocks for a bit, I’m gonna look to see what’s available at that time of replacement.

Truckin

Reaction score
I have run BFG KO2's on my last five trucks and love them! The BFG's ride quiet, track straight as an arrow and are awesome off road-not as good in mud as a mud-terrain but no AT is...
For those looking for longer life, BFG offer a 'DT' version in some sizes (at least for 20" rims) that carry a 50,000 mile warranty. These have a slightly different tread compound and supposedly slightly less grippy in snow and ice. This is all I know about the 'DT' KO2's...

DeDax

Reaction score
Just leveled my Laramie over the weekend with a RC 2" spacer looking to upgrade the tires and both of these are on my short list. I like that BFG offers the 275/65/20 vs the Nitto 275/60/20. Anyone have experience or a photo of the BFG 65 on a OEM ram wheel or a review?

Grunkster

Reaction score
what pressure to run in my new 275/60/20 xl ridge grapplers? dealer set to 40psi but seems kind of firm...is 36 too low?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i would run 38 front 36 rear unless your hauling or towing.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know the question here is Nitto or BFG. I have been looking at the same two tires. However, I just received my most recent Four Wheeler magazine and I see where Cepek now makes a hybrid tire called the Trail Country EXP. They have a 45,000 mile warranty.

The price looks great. For a LT305/70-18 (35/12.50) it is $264.99. The same size Nitto has been well over $300. I have had Cepek tires in the past and they have worked well.

Anyone have any experience with this tire?
**** Cepek tires are basically a Cooper Tire. They are made by Cooper and branded as **** Cepek. The Cepek Trail Country EXP is basically a Cooper AT3 XLT with a slightly different tread pattern. That's not necessarily a bad thing though; it looks like a good tire.

Grunkster

Reaction score
Wowzer!! Set em at 32psi and it is a whole new animal!! Very nice ride. Guess the call to nitto was worth my time!!

Rebel87

Reaction score
Wowzer!! Set em at 32psi and it is a whole new animal!! Very nice ride. Guess the call to nitto was worth my time!!

I'm thinking about switching from the 285/70/17 duratracs to the 37/12.5/20 ridge grapplers when I get my lift here next week on the rebel. Would you say you have had good experience with them so far this winter ? Or at all in general so far ?

fflis

Reaction score
Going on Saturday ;)

All of the sudden I’m erect. Jk. What model wheels are those? I was looking at doing the “Fuel Nutz” wheels, but I might like these better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlandingGoat

Reaction score
I just purchased a Power Wagon and will most likely put Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it, 37s. I run 35s on my Jeep Rubicon and have 25k miles on them, look, sound, and run fantastic. I do a 5 tire rotation though. I will continue to do a 5 tire rotation on the RAM too.

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Going on Saturday ;)
I went with the exact package!!
Mine are 295 60 20 was afraid of rubbing with the 35, I am only doing a 2” leveling links air ride lift!
My wheels are 20 x 10 -12.
Did you order the whole package online?
Mine are coming from Custom Offset.
Put up some pics when you get them on!

Sigep924

Reaction score
I put 50k on a set of 35x11.50 Ridge Grapplers on my 17 model laramie. Around 40k I started hearing them get a little louder but nothing terrible. When I sold the truck I bet I could've got another 15-20k out of them with the amount of tread left. I was up in the air between the KO2's and Ridge Grappler but after hearing the KO2 picks up and throws rocks bad I decided to go back with what I knew.

Nels

Reaction score
Another one here trying to decide between these 2 tires. Have never run either. Brothers who run BFG but don't know anyone who's run Nitto. 2 inch Readylift leveling kit. Haven't decided yet on size. Using the stock 20 inch rims. Thinking 285/65/20, 295/65/20, or 305/55/20. I pull a 20ft TT, and I drive gravel roads near my cabin that have caused 2 flats already this year due to rock punctures. If I'm going to spend over $300 a tire I'd like something that will hold up to these conditions. All of these tires are 10-ply load rating e, except the Nitto in the 305, which comes in an XL. How does that compare to the 10-ply load rating e?
Any advise given the towing and driving conditions described would be appreciated.

trithumb

Reaction score
bfgs now have a 50k warranty on them even in the normal version that is snow rated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/