5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware the 36000 mile mark!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny…I was just over halfway to 36K when my 36 months expired! Now I’ll have a deductible (extended warranty).

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Your warranty is up after 36,000 miles since you bought it new from the dealer. You sign a mileage disclosure when you sign your paperwork.

My truck had 46 miles on it so my warranty is good until 36,046. But I need to keep the paperwork to prove it.

I drive past Sterling Heights assembly every day. Every RAM will have (at least) more than 1 mile on them before they get to the dealership. Many of them are individually driven down Mound Rd several miles to a staging lot in Detroit.

So technically you still had warranty if you have your original paperwork and with being 1 mile over 36k the dealer knows you were still covered anyway.
Excellent point. And in this case would have saved the OP from having to go through all this. My truck was bought as a dealer trade, and was driven almost 200 miles from the other dealership to the one I bought it from. So my warranty should be good until 36,200-ish miles. I keep all the paperwork in the truck so I'll have it on hand in the very slight chance this happens to me. Thanks for posting that. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread