5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beware of Vararam dusting your engine

TML4Ever

Reaction score
Thought I should throw this out for all the Vararam Owners.

So I've installed a Vararam in my Longhorn and I'd give it a 5/10.
Definite butt dyno improvement and sounds great.

BUT...

Had the hood open after less than a month of use and noticed the wing nuts securing the top of the air cleaner had loosened off, causing the air filter seal to no longer remain air tight to the upper and lower sealing surfaces of the frame.
Also noticed the engine heat caused the foam tape on the base to shrink, leaving a gap where there is no longer a seal. WTF?!
This is really concerning because this is a quick and easy way to "dust" your engine - I.E. Blow it up!!!
Throw those cheap wing nuts away and put nylock nuts instead that won't back off.
Doesn't look as cool as wing nuts, but way better than a dusted engine!!!!

I will keep an eye for the Ram AirFlow when it is available at the dealer and Vararam is available for sale.
Yes the Ram AirFlow is crazy expensize, but it is a Mopar engineered part and I'm certain it won't dust your engine or void your warranty!

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score

BUT...

Had the hood open after less than a month of use and noticed the wing nuts securing the top of the air cleaner had loosened off, causing the air filter seal to no longer remain air tight to the upper and lower sealing surfaces of the frame.
Also noticed the engine heat caused the foam tape on the base to shrink, leaving a gap where there is no longer a seal. WTF?!
This is really concerning because this is a quick and easy way to "dust" your engine - I.E. Blow it up!!!
Throw those cheap wing nuts away and put nylock nuts instead that won't back off.

I will keep an eye for the Ram AirFlow when it is available at the dealer and Vararam is available for sale.
Yes the Ram AirFlow is crazy expensize, but it is a Mopar engineered part and I'm certain it won't dust your engine or void your warranty!

Have you reached out to Vararam for support on this? They might have a solution for you, or at the very least, give you some money back on a poorly engineered product...

gbsharrock

Reaction score

BUT...

Not sure I understand how this will "dust" an engine? Due to unfiltered air being drawn into the engine?

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
they make wing nuts with nylon inserts just buy those if you like them better

Users who are viewing this thread