5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

better stock up

ram813ltd

Reaction score
trx will no longer be made after 2024
get em before dealers add their $100k market adjustment

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Slightly inaccurate. It will still be made, but not with the 6.2L SRT engine. With the 2025 model year, it will have the Hurricane HO engine.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just re-read a Car and Driver review (by John Phillips no less, for anyone familiar!) on the Grand Wagoneer L with the HO Hurricane.

4.6 second to 60 and the quarter in 13.2 for a nearly 6,500 lb brick.
The Hurry-cane seems to be no slouch!

But going fast isn't really the point to the TRX.... it's to sound like Freedom while doing it!

If you just wanna go fast in a truck by a Rivian. Fast and boring.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There is a rumor (and it's only that, as of right now) that the Final Edition TRX's will have a Redeye. My first inclination is to discount that rumor, but the massive price hike for the 2024 model year makes me stop and wonder. I'm watching out for the first Final Edition build sheets to be published, and we'll see.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
4.6 second to 60 and the quarter in 13.2 for a nearly 6,500 lb brick.
The Hurry-cane seems to be no slouch!
I would hope so with twin turbos.
Even an F-150 3.5l powerboost goes 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and 13.8 second for a quarter mile run and it's not at TRX pricing lol.

I don't think anyone is saying the reduced engine size is going to be slow, but it's not an v8.

Redeye would be cool for the last real TRX but they are outside of my price range anyways with these astronomical prices of 100k+ and I put around 10k into my Limited so far so i'm in debt to it for a long while.

Adam2019

Reaction score
There is a rumor (and it's only that, as of right now) that the Final Edition TRX's will have a Redeye. My first inclination is to discount that rumor, but the massive price hike for the 2024 model year makes me stop and wonder. I'm watching out for the first Final Edition build sheets to be published, and we'll see.
How do you like your 2022 TRX…..I’m considering grabbing one with 12K mikes on it for 85K. Hard to tell if it’s a good deal.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How do you like your 2022 TRX…..I’m considering grabbing one with 12K mikes on it for 85K. Hard to tell if it’s a good deal.
I'm going to keep my TRX forever (and be buried in it), if that tells you anything. I absolutely love it. That said, I haven't had any of the common issues that seem to occur...other than the driveline "clunk" that almost everyone has.
I'll respond in the other thread about the price part.

Users who are viewing this thread