5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better SQ with just speakers

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been looking through all the threads but I believe I have a specific question that hasn’t been asked/answered yet.

Like many I’m less than satisfied with the HK system. It’s plenty loud, and the bass is good enough for me. But even turned up loud the sound is muddy and just not great. The 2 front door speakers are basically useless with very very little out put. My question is if I change the door speakers (both) and maybe the dash speakers as well to a higher quality will I get that higher quality WITHOUT changing the amp out for a stronger one?

I don’t wanna spend all the money on great speakers only to have the amp drastically limit them. But if the stock amp will allow the better speakers to preform NOTICEABLY better than stock then I’ll give it a try.

Thanks guys

jws1982

Reaction score
Make absolutely sure that you have the surround / 3d sound turned off in the sound settings. I believe you have to do this for each source (radio, usb, etc…).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did the four door speakers only and to my ears it sounds amazing.
I also unplugged my sub. It was too boomy for me.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s and hopefully more will chime in.

Jws…why have surround turned off?

Scap…did you have the 19 speaker HK? And I’m guessing you did just the 6x9 in the lower door? Left the tweeters in the upper door?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply’s and hopefully more will chime in.

Jws…why have surround turned off?

Scap…did you have the 19 speaker HK? And I’m guessing you did just the 6x9 in the lower door? Left the tweeters in the upper door?
Yes, yes, and yes.
I installed the CDT CL69s if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread