5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better option than the level?

alexharrel

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have the RC 2” level on for 8 months now and I really don’t like the ride quality difference. I would still like the level, but was wondering how I could upgrade? Can I go strait to the RC Leveling Struts instead? Or is there an even better option? I would love more like a 1.5-1.8” lift in the front compared to the full 2”

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Bilstein 5100s, or Eibach makes a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can you link the Bilstein leveling kit?

Yep

Or if you wanting just the fronts

Personally I’d do them in matching pairs with the same manuf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
First & foremost, did you put different wheels & tires on when you did the 2” level? Because the level shouldn’t affect your ride quality at all. So it’s most likely your tires.

That being said, if you still want to switch it up, I’d get the rough country struts personally because they come with a 2” longer shock AND coil. The Bilsteins (which I have on my truck) only give you lift by preloading the coils which technically makes your ride stiffer. Sure the Bilstein shocks are superior so they’ll make up for some of that stiffer coil, but I just think getting a shock and coil that are both longer is the more effective way to do it

rsachek

Reaction score
From the reviews I have read, people seem to be getting 2.5"+ lift from the Rough Country struts. So if you go that route, I would probably plan to replace the upper control arms for better geometry and do some sort of lift in the rear or else you'll be nose high. Personally, I agree with the other posters who suggested the Bilstein 5100 leveling shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread