5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better 3rd brake light gasket?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
i tried searching for a thread that has links for better gaskets to eliminate the 3rd break light leak but cant find it. i have a 2023 and would rather replace it right now so i dont have an issue later. can yall drop links or merge me to the thread for the best gaskets to buy please. thank you.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
i tried searching for a thread that has links for better gaskets to eliminate the 3rd break light leak but cant find it. i have a 2023 and would rather replace it right now so i dont have an issue later. can yall drop links or merge me to the thread for the best gaskets to buy please. thank you.
23s already have the updated gasket. I think it was mid year 22 they made the change, but not positive of date.

Casull

Reaction score
23s already have the updated gasket. I think it was mid year 22 they made the change, but not positive of date.

Hope you're right. My '22 was built in November of '22.

6of36

Reaction score
Hope you're right. My '22 was built in November of '22.
The date they changed would be in the TSB. Only trucks built before that date have old gasket.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Put this on the gasket when you apply it.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
anyway you can verify this for me? dont want to have to take it apart if i dont need to

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
thank yall for the help and links i greatly apperciate it. ill take a trip to Lowes.

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score

6of36

Reaction score
anyway you can verify this for me? dont want to have to take it apart if i dont need to
It has been posted before. Read the TSB. TSB has been shown in rear window leak threads.

Gnix

Reaction score
Watch out for key fob issues. Some LEDs actually cause interference with fobs.
Thanks for the heads up! I did the swap maybe 2 months ago lol.

I did my research and also reached out to Lasfit to confirm. Just a small upgrade if anyone is removing their third brake light already. Lasfit will replace OEM halogen bulbs and will NOT give you error code or key fob issue.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I got these and only get an error every once in awhile

4PCS Super Bright 921 T15 912 W16W LED Reverse Lights, Error Free 904 Led 921 Bulbs 45SMD-4014 Chipsets, Newest 912 921 906 LED Car Bulbs For Car Truck Backup Reverse Lights, 1500 Lumens 6500K White https://a.co/d/gmy2aLI

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I did the swap maybe 2 months ago lol.

I did my research and also reached out to Lasfit to confirm. Just a small upgrade if anyone is removing their third brake light already. Lasfit will replace OEM halogen bulbs and will NOT give you error code or key fob issue.
I can confirm this as well. I’ve had Lasfit’s for over 4 months now and have zero issues. All three lamps in the upper brake housing

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online