5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best wheel supplier?

Svt40

Reaction score
I just got my Ram a few months ago and am about to pull the trigger on some new shoes for her once I pay off the Katzkins.

What I am after are the Status Juggernauts in 22x9.5. Finish does not matter as they will be getting powder coated in Higland bronze.

Status-Juggernaut-Carbon-Graphite-1-scaled.jpg

So what wheel stores are 'all using that has stuff in stock and good prices?

Also what size tire to go with? Factory 285/45 R22 or go bigger with the 305 setup I see folks doing. It will be street tires and the rear of the truck will be getting lowered 2" for now until someone comes out with a better lowering kit for the whole truck.

Last edited:

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Not sure about stock status of the wheels your wanting but kind of hard to beat custom offsets when it comes to buying anything wheels, tires or suspension!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MechEng

Reaction score
Tire rack has always been my go to. Always bought from them because they usually include mounting, balancing, and shipping for free, plus they offer 2 years of road hazard protection on the tires.

I’ve had several issues over the years with nails and screws in the tires, and one time a ladder fell off a truck on the freeway and I was able to swerve and miss everything but my front drivers tire/wheel. Tire rack replaced the tire in all scenarios.

I just ordered fuel rebels and bf Goodrich tires from them, and the wheels came damaged from shipping. They immediately sent me out a brand new set (4 wheels,tires, tpms) mounted balanced and ready to go.

Cant beat that level of service.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I priced the same wheel at Custom Offsets and Discount Tire. Discount came in at $200 lower on the set of four. They also have lifetime rotation and balancing so Discount got my order.

MechEng

Reaction score
I priced the same wheel at Custom Offsets and Discount Tire. Discount came in at $200 lower on the set of four. They also have lifetime rotation and balancing so Discount got my order.
Same for me, for the exact package I bought from tire rack at $2908, was $3650 at custom offsets.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Same for me, for the exact package I bought from tire rack at $2908, was $3650 at custom offsets.
That's kind of ridiculous lol.... Why was it so much more expensive at custom offset?... I know they offer tons of "upgrades" in the check out process but $700 seems a little outrageous if thats for real....?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just bought a set of wheels from SD Wheel through eBay, which is the same company as Custom Offsets. I paid $939, shipped to my house. I bought my Ridge Grapplers from Discount, so I asked them to quote me a price on the same wheels. The best they could do was $1352. The salesman at Discount was very surprised with the price I paid. He said his cost was higher than what I paid. I've have never been able to find tires online as cheap as I get them from Discount and this time was no different. I paid $1416 for the tires. Custom Offsets wanted $1617.

MechEng

Reaction score
That's kind of ridiculous lol.... Why was it so much more expensive at custom offset?... I know they offer tons of "upgrades" in the check out process but $700 seems a little outrageous if thats for real....?
No idea. I asked about the price difference and they were trying to work with me, but once they told me they don’t offer road hazard protection of the tires, I wasn’t even thinking about the price difference. The peace of mind alone was worth it for me to go with tire rack.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
No idea. I asked about the price difference and they were trying to work with me, but once they told me they don’t offer road hazard protection of the tires, I wasn’t even thinking about the price difference. The peace of mind alone was worth it for me to go with tire rack.
Yeah that's nice to have for sure... We just bought a set of Falken Wildpeaks from the local tire shop for the ol lady's jeep and they came with road hazard, free repairs and rotations etc...first set of tires I've ever purchased with that and it sure is a good feeling knowing we have that when needed!

Svt40

Reaction score
Thanks, you guys gave me a few places that I had not heard of before. I checked with Discount Tire and they show them in stock. Custom Offset showed them on indefinite backorder. On ebay they did not have the correct size. Most other places I've used in the past do not carry Status wheels.

As for tires. I'll get them where i work just not sure if I want to go with the factory 285 or go bigger with a 305.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought my rims off Ebay from a distributor. Tires (1st set from Discount Tire and new set Falken Wildpeaks AT3WA from Walmart). Even though Custom Offsets HQ is in my town they won't touch prices other places. Your paying for the name where your buying from. Those guys need to keep their rides modded somehow.

Users who are viewing this thread