5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to fix fender flare scratches?

RamRamBamBam

Reaction score
Was on the phone today when pulling out of my indoor parking garage with my mirrors folded in when I accidentally scratched my driver side fender flare against a painted concrete wall 🤦.

Luckily, the scratches aren't deep gouges or anything.

What's the best way to fix this? Do you guys think something like Mother's Back to Black will be sufficient?

Most of it just looks like paint transfer that I can scrape off with my fingernail. Does anyone know a better way to remove the transfer?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 20220726_113003.jpg
    20220726_113003.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 36

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have you tried a polishing compound or scratchX?

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those are the textured flares so I wouldn't use polishing compound or scratchx on them. The back to black is a temporary solution to making them black. Think Armor All. These plastics scratch really easily so I'd be careful to use something that won't damage them more. Try an eraser. I've used them before to remove wax that's dried on the plastics, turning them white. An eraser might also work on this.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Plastic fender flares, you can't fix them, you can clean them up and hide them a bit with plastic protectant as Scottmoyer mentions.

I rather like that, makes people think you are off-roading your truck instead scratching the side of your garage :)

However, a lot of that white appears to be the garage material. Clean the flares well with some all-purpose cleaner and then cover with plastic protectant, will look much better.

My favorite is 303 Aerospace, which has a more matted finish when it dries and good UV protection.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I must be missing something here. Are those painted dark gray or not?

Users who are viewing this thread