5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best way to eliminate stop/start

Peasey

Reaction score
Buy the eliminator, or does Pulsar do as well with added functionality?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Pulsar doesn't do it. I have it. You can use it to disable MDS, but that's it on the disable portion.

Dewey

Reaction score
Can’t beat the AutoStop Eliminator. Does exactly as it should for around $100.

I’m not using mine right now because I’m running a Tazer. Strange thing is every once in awhile the Tazer will still activate Stop/Start at random every few weeks even though it’s disabled in the settings.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Can’t beat the AutoStop Eliminator. Does exactly as it should for around $100.

I’m not using mine right now because I’m running a Tazer. Strange thing is every once in awhile the Tazer will still activate Stop/Start at random every few weeks even though it’s disabled in the settings.
That happens even with AutoStop Eliminator.
It's was every few months for me though.

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't have start/stop, but I question if there's a jumper wire that can be added to the switch to make the switch always think it's off. Is there a switch?

On my F150, someone posted a how-to on the wiring to the auto start/stop switch. That how-to stated what pins to jumper to force the switch to seem always pressed, so upon starting the truck, the start/stop was automatically disabled. Can this be done on the RAM? $100 seems excessive if a simple jump wire will do the same at the switch/button.

vincentw56

Reaction score
I don't have start/stop, but I question if there's a jumper wire that can be added to the switch to make the switch always think it's off. Is there a switch?

On my F150, someone posted a how-to on the wiring to the auto start/stop switch. That how-to stated what pins to jumper to force the switch to seem always pressed, so upon starting the truck, the start/stop was automatically disabled. Can this be done on the RAM? $100 seems excessive if a simple jump wire will do the same at the switch/button.
No, can't be done. It's not a simple switch.

Marine6212

Reaction score
This is from a 2016 Ram start/stop system.

Attachments

• ALLDATA.PDF
    89.5 KB · Views: 20

HemiDude

Reaction score
Depending on what your future plans are for the truck, an unlocked pcm with a tune can disable AS/S. I have found that to be one of the added benefits when I went that route.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Best way. Free way.
Turn ac to low, adjust fan speed for comfort.

HemiDude

Reaction score
What tuner do you have?
I have an Intune I3 and if I disable start-stop it doesn't stay off and every once in a while it goes back on.
I have the same, Diablosport unlocked pcm and i3. Two months in, no issues.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have the same, Diablosport unlocked pcm and i3. Two months in, no issues.
Maybe that's why only 2 months. I've had mine for over a year on this truck. It works fine for a while then resets to toggable. Same thing using a Tazer or the auto start-stop elim cable.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Maybe that's why only 2 months. I've had mine for over a year on this truck. It works fine for a while then resets to toggable. Same thing using a Tazer or the auto start-stop elim cable.
Tazer didn’t disable my S/S. It does some things well but not that. If the Diablo stops functioning correctly I’ll have them rectify it, but I expect it should be fine. I’ve had their stuff on 3 vehicles now, overall satisfied with their products .

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Just manually turn it off everytime you get in the truck. I personally wouldnt bother with harnesses or instruments to try and "permanently" disable it.

Users who are viewing this thread