5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

best value 1.5-2" lift?

gk02

Reaction score
Ok, so getting a 21 Ram ecodiesel and want to lift it slightly, as stock it rides very low. Has the split tailgate and side boxes if that matters.

So like the title says, what is the best value 2" lift? Not necessarily the best out there. Not necessarily the cheapest. But which one is the best for the money that gets the truck lifted for an average person who uses the truck for daily driving, moderate towing, and some dirt road driving. Nothing crazy without having to jump through too many hoops.

I have read a lot of the different threads on different lifts and there is a lot of options. Bilsteins, Mopar, Readylift, mix and match. I was hoping to get some clarity on what folks think is the best value but I think I'm even more confused after reading all the different options.

Thanks

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Confusing because there are so many options, and most, not all, are decent …. Readylift 2” is good, because you get better UCA’s, and maintain factory ride …. And, if you ever wanna go a touch higher, you can add Bils at one of the lower rings, and a Motofab rear spacer to go with … JMO …. But best lift threads, can be put right next to best tire, and best oil threads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Choate

Reaction score
Not sure if it would work on the eco diesel but the motofab worked great for me. Rides just like stock. Well made puck in the USA. Something like $65 in parts I think.

Essbaum

Reaction score
like you said, best value is not the cheapest. if you are not going more than 2 inches, then do a strut lift not a top strut spacer(puck). If you want to match that in the rear then a spacer and matching longer shocks. I did 2 inch Rough Country Loaded N3 struts and have a 1 inch rear space I am debating on installing still. 1637775683129.jpeg

apiazza

Reaction score
like you said, best value is not the cheapest. if you are not going more than 2 inches, then do a strut lift not a top strut spacer(puck). If you want to match that in the rear then a spacer and matching longer shocks. I did 2 inch Rough Country Loaded N3 struts and have a 1 inch rear space I am debating on installing still. View attachment 112057
What's been your impression of the N3 struts? I'm thinking about them or the rancho rs999953/4 quick struts to save the disassembly of stock struts for bils or eibach.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Essbaum

Reaction score
What's been your impression of the N3 struts? I'm thinking about them or the rancho rs999953/4 quick struts to save the disassembly of stock struts for bils or eibach.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Slightly firmer than stock. Better damping and control than OEM strut. OEM feels soft compared to these. Even the wife thinks it's an improvement. This is my first truck and only level kit so I have nothing to compare, but I am happy over the OEM for sure. I think I got slightly more than 2 inches after alignment and settling.

Users who are viewing this thread