5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best vacuum recommend

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
It is time to upgrade my 20 year old craftsman, looking for something multi purpose but mainly for my truck. Does anyone supplement their shop vac with a handheld battery powered unit?

TittoPollito

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon Rigid from HD that I use for most stuff and works pretty good. My son and I race Dirt Track motorcycles so after a race weekend I normally steal the wife's Dyson Animal, its like 5-6 years old but does a killer job getting the dirt and grass out of the little corners around the seats.

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
I have a 10 gallon Rigid from HD that I use for most stuff and works pretty good. My son and I race Dirt Track motorcycles so after a race weekend I normally steal the wife's Dyson Animal, its like 5-6 years old but does a killer job getting the dirt and grass out of the little corners around the seats.
That exactly is what I use

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I stopped using a vacuum a few years ago. Open up all the doors and windows and use my leaf blower, than a wipe down after the dust has settled.

However on the Ram it is easy to sweep out with my floor mats so I have a brush on driver and passenger doors and maintain a clean floor.

Redfour5

Reaction score
It is time to upgrade my 20 year old craftsman, looking for something multi purpose but mainly for my truck. Does anyone supplement their shop vac with a handheld battery powered unit?
I have a 20 year old corded wet dry I have cussed on many occasions as the wheels fall off and the stiff hose get in the way and used in the driveway. I also have the Craftsman 19.2 handheld that actually is pretty decent for small stuff. Ryobi still makes a version of that but it is not a go to for real cleaning. I recently got a Milwaukee M12 small wet dry and and am quite impressed for both the travel trailer and the truck. It was such a pleasure to use and if not the power of the old craftsman much more portable. I do recommend at least a 4AH batt and preferably a 6. And it fits nicely in the travel trailer....

MileHi Guy

Reaction score
Another poster in the Detailing section recommended watching "Pan the Organizer" videos...if you google him and look at what equipment he uses it is really good info. Good luck!

mmcbeat

Reaction score
I have a DeWalt 20 volt. I already had some 20 volt tools and batteries so I purchased the vacuum only. Very handy, good suction, wet or dry. And there is a built in hose so you can get in the tight places.
4E3CF59B-F668-42D7-9DC4-1CDEEF278F1E.jpeg

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I used something similar to above but Milwaukee. Needed something cordless and compact where I can store it in the under seat storage while I’m out working on the road and don’t want to use a car wash vacuum or wait until I’m back home and can access a shop vac.. does the job but typically I don’t let my interior get to bad except for light dust/dirt since the Mopar slush mats catch the bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

morwyne

Reaction score
I have a Black & Decker Flex. Not the best, but it gets the job done.

cervelo15

Reaction score
I have heard good th8ngs about Metrovac vacuum cleaners. I plan to invest in one and some models double as a car dryer. Two tools in one is worth the price!

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that have to make a wife happy at the same time of keeping our prized possession clean... I actually bought this for her for Christmas, knowing all the uses I would have on the truck. :D Dyson makes some great battery powered vacs that will allow handheld for all house floors and then you can buy attachments to plug into just the hand held, head unit to deal with anything I've encountered in the truck, including dog hair that gets stuck into the carpet threads.

Believe I got the V11 Animal. Make sure to find the Dyson hose attachment to the head unit, it will make getting into tight areas much easier.

Appyfan

Reaction score
I also have a Rigid. It’s much less cumbersome than the full size shop vac, and gets in tight places better. 534EC213-2ADF-4F95-8456-6DD4BB66C998.jpeg 534EC213-2ADF-4F95-8456-6DD4BB66C998.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread