5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best UV protection for Tonneau covers

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know how hard the sun can be on all types of surfaces but its really hard on plastics and vinyls. Whats the best product you guys have found for soft tonneau cover preservation?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
BAK industries actually recommends 303. If you were to contact them regarding a warranty claim for the vinyl they'll ask if you have been using 303 to protect the vinyl and if you take the truck through automated carwashes. Any waxes or cleaners with silicon in them cause the vinyl to shrink and delaminate. This is really bad for the rolling hard covers like the revolver X2 and X4.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know how hard the sun can be on all types of surfaces but its really hard on plastics and vinyls. Whats the best product you guys have found for soft tonneau cover preservation?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Tuxedo cleaner/protectant.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
CQuartz or other ceramic coating designed for trim will blow away any temporary and buildup prone product such as 303

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My vote is for 303..I use it on some of the plastic interior trim also

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
CQuartz or other ceramic coating designed for trim will blow away any temporary and buildup prone product such as 303
This stuff is expensive. I'm curious how long it lasts per application.

CQuartz Skin PPF & Vinyl Nano-Coat 50ml
by Car Pro

Price:$74.99
Kit includes (1) 50ml Bottle CQuartz SKIN + (1) CarPro Foam Applicator Block + (5) 4" MF Suede applicators + Reflective Hologram CQuartz sticker(s)
  • Has a UV infused nano structure which helps block UV rays, water, oils, dirt, and contaminants
  • Easy to use in a wide range of temps Easy maintenance with "self cleaning" properties
  • Works on Matte, Satin, or Gloss Finish * also Clear Bra / Paint protection film as well as Vinyl Wraps

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice all. I ordered the 303 so we will see how it works.

machz

Reaction score
303 was originally designed for RV and boats. It has some of the best UV blockers for Vinyl and plastics.

Zinger

Reaction score
Do you guys recommend anything for interior trim and vinyl seats? I usually just wipe off with distilled water.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Do you guys recommend anything for interior trim and vinyl seats? I usually just wipe off with distilled water.

92470515_Cockpit_Premium_400x.jpg

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0604/4777/products/****pit_2000x_9618b020-b9aa-45ac-8e52-68f1ae148c6f_400x.jpg?v=1532944545
NEXTZETT ****PIT PREMIUM INTERIOR CLEANER

WasatchBack

Reaction score
This stuff is expensive. I'm curious how long it lasts per application.

CQuartz Skin PPF & Vinyl Nano-Coat 50ml
by Car Pro

Price:$74.99
Kit includes (1) 50ml Bottle CQuartz SKIN + (1) CarPro Foam Applicator Block + (5) 4" MF Suede applicators + Reflective Hologram CQuartz sticker(s)
  • Has a UV infused nano structure which helps block UV rays, water, oils, dirt, and contaminants
  • Easy to use in a wide range of temps Easy maintenance with "self cleaning" properties
  • Works on Matte, Satin, or Gloss Finish * also Clear Bra / Paint protection film as well as Vinyl Wraps
still 80% after 2 years. Truck sat outside for the first 1.5 years. I will refresh it this spring but because of water spotting, not coating failure. So really not expensive at all

Users who are viewing this thread