5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best tuner for 2019 Ram 1500

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I am just an old guy here, and it is my opinion, and mine only so don't get upset ;-) if you want performance, buy a performance car, not a truck, unless of course, you get the TRX or a Raptor. But seriously, I understand things to improve milage. I have owned a number of Trucks, SUVs, Performance cars, spend your money on useful things for your truck, performance is all about power to weight. Sure if you want an aggressive sound, install a CAI or exhaust! My 2 cents you're throwing money away. But if you have it to throw away, i can give you my PayPal account ;-)
This is meant as a respectful reply - Have you driven a hotrod car with an accelerator pump carb, and tight trans build? Or a modern performance car with a tune? Modern trucks and most cars are so restricted by CAFE and EPA, they drive like a dead turd. At 395 hp and 3.92 axle, mine should've been able to get out of its own way, but the lag in traffic is heart stopping. And add in the torque management on both sides of the shift, it is a real disappointment. If I only towed or drove around the countryside exclusively, it would be fine. I have had a '95 Impala, '12 Impala, and a '04 5.3 GMC all programmed, and they drive exactly how I want them to with my foot, not what the EPA allows them to. Night and day difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online