5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Tires

Black Panther

Reaction score
I did a 2 inch Motofab Front Level with alignments. Now I need to fill in the gap with new tire. Looking for a smooth ride, without road noise and rub. Prefer with white letter. City daily driver and I don’t tow are off road. I will if opportunity presents itself. What who be the best tires to buy?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
is driving in snow a concern? theres some really nice all terrain/hybrid mud tires that also rate well in the snow

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
So I have no experience with them on the RAM, but I LOVED my Yokohama Geolandar GO15 A/T tires. They were surprisingly quiet on the road and performed very well when I took them off the pavement in mud and snow. Granted, I was in a Subaru Outback, but I checked and they come in 33-35" configs on an 18" wheel. Nice compromise for a truly AT tire.

djm11778

Reaction score
Aking what is the best tire is like asking what the best color is. Opinion varies greatly. I do like the Nokian AT tires for snow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

myles

Reaction score
I did a 2 inch Motofab Front Level with alignments. Now I need to fill in the gap with new tire. Looking for a smooth ride, without road noise and rub. Prefer with white letter. City daily driver and I don’t tow are off road. I will if opportunity presents itself. What who be the best tires to buy?
Oof, youre going to get a different answer from every person.
I like goodyear wrangler duratracs

airclnr

Reaction score
I bought a set of Michelin LTX M/S tires for my previous F150. They were incredibly quiet, had a great ride and wore like iron. Put almost 12,000 miles on them and they still look new. I just bought a 2020 Ram Limited and will be replacing the OEM tires with these Michelins as soon as possible. Highly recommended. Only down-side is I don't think they are available with white letters

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He said he prefers white letters. That narrows down the options fast. BFG KO2, General Grabber ATX, and Cooper AT3 are about the only ones that are easy to find with white letters. All of those are good tires. I sort of prefered the Generals, but any of them would fit his needs of quiet, smooth, and white letters.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP could always try some white tire paint for the letters, ive never used it but it would open the door up for a lot of other tire brands.

taz2016

Reaction score
I bought a set of Michelin LTX M/S tires for my previous F150. They were incredibly quiet, had a great ride and wore like iron. Put almost 12,000 miles on them and they still look new. I just bought a 2020 Ram Limited and will be replacing the OEM tires with these Michelins as soon as possible. Highly recommended. Only down-side is I don't think they are available with white letters

I agree

djm11778

Reaction score
My problem with them is I would get stuck in snow were I hunt and forgot about mud. They last a long time on the street. Had over 60k on my wife's Durango.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

djjr50

Reaction score
Had the Continental Terrain Contact A/T's (was named something different 7+ years ago) on my previous truck and loved them. They dont appear to be offered in white walls, but might be worth your consideration. That is probably what is going on my truck once the need arises.

DeDax

Reaction score
I just placed an order for some 275/60/20 Goodyear Ultra Terrain. The reviews are excellent and they are reasonably priced. Should have them this week and I'll give a full review.

Users who are viewing this thread