5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Sunshade?

kmck94

Reaction score
Has anyone come across one of those top-tier sun shades? I always see them in BMWs and a couple Mustangs around here. They seem like they are thick and have the car brand logo on them. I would love to get one but am not sure if anyone has released them for the 2019s yet. All I have come across are for the 4th gens.

Brady_SS

Reaction score
I have one from Covercraft (UVS100 Custom Sunscreen) fits great and very good quality.

I've used Covercraft shades for my past 4 vehicles and have always been happy with them. This time I couldn't find one available yet for my RAM so I went with an Intro-Tech Ultimate Reflector and it's not nearly the same quality wise especially considering it was more expensive.

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Intro Tech Ultimate Reflector that I bought from Auto Anything: https://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx. It is heavy duty, built very well, fits great, and keeps things cool. It is probably one of the highest quality Sunshades I have ever purchased. It also comes with a very nice pouch/carry case. I don't use the case everyday; but its nice to have when you have passengers in the back; put the sunshade in the case and tuck it under the back seat. It is the folding type (which I prefer); the roll up type are a real pain with windshields this large. I highly recommend the Intro Tech. 20181213_155011.jpg 20181213_155045.jpg

RichT

Reaction score
Any developed opinions on these over the year?

Also, for the Covercraft, anyone know what they are referring to here? Maybe something like a Fasttrack? (commuter toll transponder)

1574019688931.png

Brady_SS

Reaction score
Any developed opinions on these over the year?

Also, for the Covercraft, anyone know what they are referring to here? Maybe something like a Fasttrack? (commuter toll transponder)

View attachment 40095

I believe they are trying to determine if you have the advanced safety equipment package or not. There is a box behind the rearview mirror that is larger if you have options like adaptive cruise control, advanced brake assist, and forward collision warning.

dutchman187

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I posted pictures in a different sunshade thread of the Carhart one by covercraft I got. I like it a lot.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I believe they are trying to determine if you have the advanced safety equipment package or not. There is a box behind the rearview mirror that is larger if you have options like adaptive cruise control, advanced brake assist, and forward collision warning.
That is exactly what it is.

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been very happy with my one from Heatshield that was recommended on this forum. It is a roll up which I prefer over folding. It installs very easily. $50

Edit. just saw this is a 4 year old post

Marine6212

Reaction score
I just had 70% ceramic tint put on whole front windshield. Reduced the UV rays by 80-90%.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a weather tech that's really nice. Fits perfectly. Has a reflective side for summer and a darker side for the winter if you're in a climate where that matters.

Users who are viewing this thread