5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ratchet tie-down?

kysourmash

Reaction score
Did a search for this and didn't see this specifically as a discussion.

Looking for some ratcheting tie downs to store beneath my back seat in my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited. Looks like there are hundreds of brands. What brand is your favorite?

Please post a link if possible.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Did a search for this and didn't see this specifically as a discussion.

Looking for some ratcheting tie downs to store beneath my back seat in my 2021 Ram 1500 Limited. Looks like there are hundreds of brands. What brand is your favorite?

Please post a link if possible.
I splurged on the Rhino USA heavy-duty straps recently. They’re much heavier than my old set, but they do a great job keeping a motorcycle tethered in the bed. I store them in their soft case in my RamBox.

kysourmash

Reaction score
I splurged on the Rhino USA heavy-duty straps recently. They’re much heavier than my old set, but they do a great job keeping a motorcycle tethered in the bed. I store them in their soft case in my RamBox.
I'm assuming those can be used equally as well on lumber, appliances, a couch, etc?

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on what your application is, but I’ve been happy with my husky ratchet tie downs. Use them mainly for my kayaks

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm assuming those can be used equally as well on lumber, appliances, a couch, etc?
Yes, absolutely. I‘m sure you can find cheaper ones to do the job, but I wanted a really good set this time around.

Maconi

Reaction score

Be sure to pay attention to the "working load" ratings vs the "break strength" ratings. If I remember correctly I bought the 4500 lbs straps since they had a 1500 lbs working load limit, a better hook + D-ring design, and a few extra feet of strap (vs the cheaper 1500 lbs straps).

They fit in the Ram Bins (in-floor storage) easily as well.

Last edited:

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Honestly, I have cheaper like 1" ones from Harbor Freight I have had for many of years that I use for general strapping. Not a single issue. I have strapped plenty of furniture and motors and lumber and things of the such without one snapping.
I'd say if I was strapping cars in a trailer, or motorcycles or something though, i would opt for thicker straps like something in a 3" ish

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Husky from Home Depot.... less than $11 for a set. I've used them for lumber to surfboards and the occasional kid tie down when they’re getting out of control..... 😉

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Husky from Home Depot.... less than $11 for a set. I've used them for lumber to surfboards and the occasional kid tie down when they’re getting out of control..... 😉

How many used for the kid tie down and was that to the truck?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Be sure to pay attention to the "working load" ratings vs the "break strength" ratings. If I remember correctly I bought the 4500 lbs straps since they had a 1500 lbs working load limit, a better hook + D-ring design, and a few extra feet of strap (vs the cheaper 1500 lbs straps).

They fit in the Ram Bins (in-floor storage) easily as well.
That’s true. Mine are rated for 5,208 lbs breaking / 1,736 lbs working with a lifetime warranty.

James1414d

Reaction score
As someone who uses a ratchet strap almost daily, I can tell you the home depot/huskey straps are superior to the Harbor Freight junk.

Users who are viewing this thread