5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best ram/dodge dealership in MN?

Jake103

Reaction score
Hi guys new here, hopefully this is the right place to post this. I was looking at purchasing a ram 1500 soon. I was just wondering if any members here have any dodge/ram dealerships they know of in MN, such as twin cities area or NW MN that they recommend? I have heard mixed things about some dodge dealerships. Such as their service and sales departments and overall support of warranty or repairs. I was hoping someone could maybe guide me to a dodge dealership they have had great experiance with, such as great support for service and overall a dealership that cares, instead of just a pushy sales department and a service department that could care less.

cevans6318

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your question is a pretty much a hit or miss just like the reviews you’ve seen. One person may have a good experience at the same dealer where 20 other people had a crappy experience. At the same time every department really works independently of each other. Dealers may have a very good sales department but a crap service department. Others have a really good service department but a crap sales department. I don’t live in Minnesota but the dealer I bought my truck from I got a good price but had a horrible experience with the finance department. In the end you’re probably gonna just have to shop around for the dealership that can give you the best price. At the same time the dealership they give you the best price you may not end up using their service department. It’s pretty much trial and error. Your overall experience using the service department the first Time will tell you if you go back or not.

66Fuelie

Reaction score
I live in the twin cities, if you are buying on price only it is hard to beat Jeff Belzers in Lakeville. I bought 3 trucks from them and was happy but I was only a number to them.
I travel every week for work and bought my Ram in Sheboygan Dodge. Fair price, I paid a $1k under sticker late June. I know they are not close to you but I was amazed at the service and care at a much smaller dealer. I will probably buy another Ram from them next year just because of the service I got. Don't be afraid to pay a little more at a small dealer if you feel they have great service.
Tom

Jake103

Reaction score
Your question is a pretty much a hit or miss just like the reviews you’ve seen. One person may have a good experience at the same dealer where 20 other people had a crappy experience. At the same time every department really works independently of each other. Dealers may have a very good sales department but a crap service department. Others have a really good service department but a crap sales department. I don’t live in Minnesota but the dealer I bought my truck from I got a good price but had a horrible experience with the finance department. In the end you’re probably gonna just have to shop around for the dealership that can give you the best price. At the same time the dealership they give you the best price you may not end up using their service department. It’s pretty much trial and error. Your overall experience using the service department the first Time will tell you if you go back or not.
I kinda figured that, most are a hit or miss whether it be service or sales, thank you for the advice I appreciate you replying! I just figured if anyone had a dealership they would want to recommend it I would definitely look into them

Jake103

Reaction score
I live in the twin cities, if you are buying on price only it is hard to beat Jeff Belzers in Lakeville. I bought 3 trucks from them and was happy but I was only a number to them.
I travel every week for work and bought my Ram in Sheboygan Dodge. Fair price, I paid a $1k under sticker late June. I know they are not close to you but I was amazed at the service and care at a much smaller dealer. I will probably buy another Ram from them next year just because of the service I got. Don't be afraid to pay a little more at a small dealer if you feel they have great service.
Tom
I looked at Jeff belzers They do have some pretty good prices, compared to other dealers. I am not afraid to travel a little ways if it means getting better service and a pretty good deal. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for the reply I greatly appreciate it!

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tom
Is that the dealer in Sheboygan, WI? I would NEVER suggest anyone give them business.

I ordered a Limited from them April 30. I insisted to the salesman he lock in my PenFed along with the other offers. He insisted the PenFed didn't need to be locked in. Truck arrives late July. The computer system won't let him add PenFed along with the previously sold order protected incentives. Just as I predicted would happen because others on here ran into the same thing even in spring.

Sales manager Brad gets involved. Offers to split the difference. They take $500 off via factory to dealer "coupons" (so still not costing them anything),
but I pay $500 more than if they did their job right in the first place, what I told them to do.
Over three days of communicating he doesn't budge. I say no deal, give me my $500 deposit back.

Keep in mind, I had a 2020 Laramie to trade. They were going to give me $47,500 and put it on the lot for $50,999. Brad acted like giving me another $500 on trade would bankrupt the dealership.

I leave a bad rating on dealer rater late August. The GM replies to talk about it, pretending he cares trying to save face to other prospective customers who may read my review. Maybe Joel shouldn't have screwed up to start. Or maybe Brad should have made some attempt to fix it in July, or gone to the GM then.

The ONLY thing they did right was quickly refund my deposit.

Last edited:

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My best sales experience was at Luther Brookdale Chrysler in Brooklyn Park. Specifically with their salesman Jordan. He is a no nonsense, no b.s. guy which is what I like.

for service my best experience has been with Fury motors in Stillwater. They are friendly, and honest.

places I would never buy from are, rosedale chyrsler, and barnett Chrysler in maplewoood

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked at Jeff belzers They do have some pretty good prices, compared to other dealers. I am not afraid to travel a little ways if it means getting better service and a pretty good deal. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for the reply I greatly appreciate it!
Yes they have good prices if you are buying only.

if you are trading in it’s a wash because they use their low prices to justify lower trade values

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I looked into them last fall when I bought the truck in my sig. They were good on the new truck price but very low on trade (2018 F150).

Buffchief52

Reaction score
Check out Dodge of Burnsville. Bought my 2020 Laramie Ram used from them last year. They were willing to deal on the price and gave me a good price on my trade. Their parts dept is pretty good also, knowledgeable guys.
Before the chip shortage they always had a huge Ram inventory also; not sure now with the low shipments from Detroit.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've bought 3 rams from Fury South St. Paul and was able to get very good deals and trade values. They even did dealer trades twice to get what I wanted. Sale's Manager Justin is who I generally work with as he can make deals/decisions and the sales people just go to him anyways. I did work with Drew on my 2021 but most of my negotiations were with Justin and Drew just was a 2nd contact and did paperwork etc. They do seem to value repeat customers and have been good on warranty work and loaners for service.

Jake103

Reaction score
Check out Dodge of Burnsville. Bought my 2020 Laramie Ram used from them last year. They were willing to deal on the price and gave me a good price on my trade. Their parts dept is pretty good also, knowledgeable guys.
Before the chip shortage they always had a huge Ram inventory also; not sure now with the low shipments from Detroit.
I'll have to keep my out on them too, there have been many great suggestions now, so Now it's just a matter of Me looking into each of them more, and most of all if they have the Model I want. Thanks for your response I appreciate it!

Jake103

Reaction score
My best sales experience was at Luther Brookdale Chrysler in Brooklyn Park. Specifically with their salesman Jordan. He is a no nonsense, no b.s. guy which is what I like.

for service my best experience has been with Fury motors in Stillwater. They are friendly, and honest.

places I would never buy from are, rosedale chyrsler, and barnett Chrysler in maplewoood
I have heard good things about luther and they are a plenty, I was a mechanic for 8 years and went to school for it, luther was definitely the dealership to work for, and actually The wife bought her Honda Crv from the Honda dealer that way, really great people from my experiance. Thanks for adding some to avoid. I've never been a fan of Barnett or any of the Rosedale dealers either.

Jake103

Reaction score
Thanks everyone so far for the replies, it's helped out with some to definitely look at and some to probably avoid. It sounds like Fury definitely is one of the first ones to look at. I'm not looking at buying brand new. So I have to browse around a bit to find one close that has the options I am looking for, which is why I asked for more opinions on dealers, that way when I'm looking I have some to keep in mind. Thanks again guys for your help I greatly appreciate it, can't wait to join the ram family. I have always had Chevys, but comparing the newer chevys to the new rams, it seems like to me anyways, ram is defiantly worth the price more so than the chevy. Plus the ram has chevy beat in the interior and the exterior, could never get past the design of the newer chevys.

Shonuff

Reaction score
+1 on Dodge of Burnsville.

Bought both my new Rams from them. They were always the best deal after shopping other metro dealers. Matt Courts was my salesman and now he’s a manager but I still work with him directly. I’ve done all my service there and pay little to nothing with the freebies and deals they run on basic maintenance. Even repaired a flat tire my wife got on our other car I didn’t purchase from them.

FATKID

Reaction score
+1 - I always service with Jerry @ Dodge of Burnsville. 150k miles on my 2014 and 30k so far on my 2020. They do a nice job.

Users who are viewing this thread