5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Rain Sensing Wipers Yet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had rain sensing wipers on five cars--one Buick, two Audis, a Porsche and now the Ram 1500. Of these, the Ram's are the best yet. Although not perfect, I seldom get dry runs, and the speed is generally appropriate for the conditions, from mist to sprinkle to deluge.

Another thing to like about the new Ram.

I've had rain sensing wipers on five cars--one Buick, two Audis, a Porsche and now the Ram 1500. Of these, the Ram's are the best yet. Although not perfect, I seldom get dry runs, and the speed is generally appropriate for the conditions, from mist to sprinkle to deluge.

Another thing to like about the new Ram.
With the remains of Hurricane Mike passing over me this morning, the wipers on the Ram kept up while the truck stayed firmly on the road. No leaks, awesome!

Reactions: 356
I would have to agree. Mine have worked well so far. The ones in my wife's Acura seem to be possessed at times and activate when it is sunny out and the windshield is spotless.

My rain sensing wipers work as long as the windshield is dry to start with.

Being an automated system, I leave them on at all times. If I start the truck after it has been raining and the windshield is already wet, they will not activate until I turn them off and then on again.

If I start out with the system on, start the truck with a dry windshield, then it starts raining, they work flawlessly. If the system is on, I start the truck with a wet windshield, they will not activate until I turn them off, then on again.

Anyone else experience this, or is my system defective?

Okay, it was operater error!

After reading the manual, it states that the wipers will not automatically actuate when the rotary control switch is set to position 1 or 4.

I set mine to 3 and low and behold, the wipers started automatically when the truck was started with a wet windshield after sitting out in the rain.

I repeated this at least 6 times on Sunday when running errands.

It was me, not the Ram!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back