5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best product for removing caked on bugs?

Cajun_

Reaction score
buy ground up asphalt from when they replace the roads, lay it down, compact it, and then spray a light coating of diesel in the summer. Cheapest way to pave your own road

KStev77

Reaction score
What will take the bugs off very easily. Just spray and wait 10 seconds and the bugs will just run off the paint/Windows.

Bon Ami.jpeg

Quint

Reaction score
Hand wash once a week in my driveway …. I don’t use car washes …. It’s like therapy …. Music or tv on, and beer in the cooler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We live just outside of the Twin Cities. All of the storm water drains run directly to a nature preserve 1/2mile away. Therefore, washing a vehicle in your driveway is heavily discouraged. If my yard was big enough (and I hadn't planted a certain tree), I could park on the lawn to do it. At least then the suds would filter out before the water trickles down into the aquifers.

Hence it's either a car wash, rain wash, or nothing.

Cajun_

Reaction score
We live just outside of the Twin Cities. All of the storm water drains run directly to a nature preserve 1/2mile away. Therefore, washing a vehicle in your driveway is heavily discouraged. If my yard was big enough (and I hadn't planted a certain tree), I could park on the lawn to do it. At least then the suds would filter out before the water trickles down into the aquifers.

Hence it's either a car wash, rain wash, or nothing.
they make something called no rinse wash. It is actually the recommended way to wash any vehicle that has been ceramic coated.

ben b

Reaction score
Can't help you with your current issue of best way to remove bugs.

But once you get them off, I found that Griot's 3-in-1 ceramic coating makes it super easy to get bugs off going forward. I just got back from a 2000 mile trip to Southern Cal, Arizona and Utah. Plenty of baked on bugs on hood, grille, bumper. When I got home, it took 5 minutes with a little water, normal car wash soap and a wash mitt to get them all off.

It's super easy to apply. If you just do the front of your truck, it would take 10-15 minutes. It takes me about 45 minutes to do the entire vehicle.

Check out JBowman's post: from yesterday. He's also a fan.

Users who are viewing this thread