5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best prices for Tonneau covers

Craigg69

Reaction score
With the purchase of my new truck I need to buy another tonneau cover for my truck. I had the Lomax Tri folding cover on my last truck and it worked well for me as I like the low profile. I ordered from Truck Alterations and got a great price over 4 years ago. Who to order with to get a great price? I just want low profile, hard tri folding. Thanks for any suggestions.

RamOwner313

Reaction score
I just ordered a low profile tonneau cover from Rough Country. Looks easy to install and had some pretty good reviews on youtube and the websites. It's a trifold cover and under $750 total.

RamOwner313

Reaction score

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With the purchase of my new truck I need to buy another tonneau cover for my truck. I had the Lomax Tri folding cover on my last truck and it worked well for me as I like the low profile. I ordered from Truck Alterations and got a great price over 4 years ago. Who to order with to get a great price? I just want low profile, hard tri folding. Thanks for any suggestions.
Why not Truck Alterations again? Have things changed? Lucas Kyle was giving the best prices and was very knowledgeable.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why not Truck Alterations again? Have things changed? Lucas Kyle was giving the best prices and was very knowledgeable.

Nope still the go to guy. Ordered my Lomax from him in 2020 best price around. Ordered a Retrax from him last year he was able to price match and beat another site that had it cheaper then everywhere else. Dropped shipped and arrived within a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jako

Reaction score
Nope still the go to guy. Ordered my Lomax from him in 2020 best price around. Ordered a Retrax from him last year he was able to price match and beat another site that had it cheaper then everywhere else. Dropped shipped and arrived within a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good to know. He knows his stuff.

Jako

Reaction score
Compare the MX 4 vs the Ultra Flex - basically the same. The MX 4 rests against the window while the Ultra Flex has rods that hold it up. Might be something to consider with all the back window issues. There are also some other additions and the top sides are different. Have a friend with Ultra Flex and is very happy as are most with the Bak Flip. Best of luck on your decision.

https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-ultra-flex

1683661838231.png

1683661901741.png

Last edited:

Craigg69

Reaction score
I haven't rules out calling them for a quote yet. Just asking for other places to call also and not sure if Im sold on another Lomax again

Jako

Reaction score
I haven't rules out calling them for a quote yet. Just asking for other places to call also and not sure if Im sold on another Lomax again
Not sure if you are aware of this thread:

Lot of info and not so sure if it helps or just creates more confusion. The Bak Flip seems very popular and I believe most are happy. It seems all covers leak some which I blame more on the 5th Generation bed design. I never had issues with my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 and Extang snap cover.

Come up with your possible choices, price them out and give Lucas Kyle a call, perhaps he can advise on your choices and give you the best price.

Users who are viewing this thread