5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to buy blacked out ram badges

Jesshop

Reaction score
Hi y'all, i just bought a 2019 ram 1500 but want to change out the chrome for the blacked out badges. Any suggestions on websites that have quality badges?
Thanks in advance

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As already mentioned, go though a mopar parts website, or eBay. I went through eBay for all of mine. If you do the same just make sure you are getting OEM badges so you don't get some badges with garbage adhesive.

TechDaddy3x

Reaction score
Agree with everyone here. Use Mopar to get the part number then search ebay and some of the 3rd party mopar sites for the best prices.

I blacked out my 19 and found an ebay seller who had multiple listings with all the parts i needed. I messaged them and got a nice discount for buying multiple parts.

Scmil

Reaction score
+1 for Ebay. Some offer non-OEM, but for a few bucks more you can get the OEM and not risk any issues IMO.

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I ordered these from eBay and the quality is great. They feel no different from the OEM badges I removed and the adhesive is very strong.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Why do manufacturers use Chrome trim and badging any more?

sandman98

Reaction score
same situation here wanting to go from chrome to black. i think i'll try Plastidip here first before i drop $100 on plastic emblems. most people rough-tape them off, paint them with Plastidip right on the truck and peel off the excess. just need to wait for it to warm up here a bit in PA before i tackle this...

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
same situation here wanting to go from chrome to black. i think i'll try Plastidip here first before i drop $100 on plastic emblems. most people rough-tape them off, paint them with Plastidip right on the truck and peel off the excess. just need to wait for it to warm up here a bit in PA before i tackle this...
That's my plan too.

Jesshop

Reaction score
I ordered these from eBay and the quality is great. They feel no different from the OEM badges I removed and the adhesive is very strong.

Thank you so much

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd really love to do this, but I like the way the "ECODIESEL" lettering is multi-colored on the hood badges. Not sure how to handle that if I do plasti-dip.

Duran

Reaction score
I platidipped my ram emblem on the doors , 1500 on the hood, tailgate badge and the from grill . Just to cut down on somw of the chrome. Came out very well.

Users who are viewing this thread