5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to buy a tonneau cover?

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I know: price, quality, speed........choose two. That being said.....where have you found a good price with a great experience lately?

I’ve heard that Truxedo is MAP priced, so this may be a non issue.

JCK_25

Reaction score
I've had good luck over at RealTruck.com . Shipping is fast and prices seem to be good.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Went with a local shop for my retrax. I preferred to keep the small businesses operating and the tax revenue local.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Talk with Lucas Kyle
He knows his stuff and great pricing.
I was telling the salesman for another company the particulars of a cover. Some sites only know what they read.
Many have purchased from Lucas. I ended up with a DiamondBack but Lucas gave me great advice while trying to decipher the pros and cons of other covers.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They all are sister companies call them n ask for discount

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyFOwens

Reaction score
I got a Rough Country Low-Profile hard cover off amazon. They are out of TN so only took a couple days to get to me. It has been on for a year now and haven't had any issues.

Roothog

Reaction score
/\ What Busa2009 said /\
They will give you an additional 10% off. I held out for $$ more. My Gator FX was $799, I negotiated down to $700. Shipping was free.

RockYacht2020

Reaction score
Bought one from 4 wheel parts during their sale yesterday. Got 200 bucks off a retrax mx and rhino rack crossbar system.

2020 Black Rebel, Blackout Edition, Quad Cab, 5.7L, no e-Torque

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I'll sell the one that came with my Limited...
Ironically, I have a limited on order and will also be looking to sell mine. Any idea what they were worth on the open market? I think MSRP is $600, No idea how they compare to other $600 covers out there

RedDogN8

Reaction score
No idea. Waiting for my topper to come in. Maybe another 6 weeks.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@greenlawnracing Did you see my private message about pricing matching? I used this to get a lower price on RetraxPRO XR from 4wheelparts, working around the MAP rules.

In short, I got an email quote from a company I was not familiar with (rhymes with bonhoe factory outlet), then used that order a cover to pick up at my local 4WP. Savings were around 20%.

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I did see it, and now it makes sense. More sense anyway. And when I visited the local place yesterday, it was a great experience but they told me everything was map. They did tell me they would match in the unlikely event that I found something, and I just got a great quote from that mysterious place that you mentioned. I will try that same method, although I’m not sure what they will do about no tax.

Amerinamese

Reaction score
Talk with Lucas Kyle
He knows his stuff and great pricing.
I was telling the salesman for another company the particulars of a cover. Some sites only know what they read.
Many have purchased from Lucas. I ended up with a DiamondBack but Lucas gave me great advice while trying to decipher the pros and cons of other covers.
I bought mine from Lucas as well. He sold it to me for $100 less than anywhere else I saw and $100 less than what is listed on truckalterations.com. You just gotta email him to get the best price.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought mine from Lucas as well. He sold it to me for $100 less than anywhere else I saw and $100 less than what is listed on truckalterations.com. You just gotta email him to get the best price.
Great pricing and knows his stuff.

jpwarhal

Reaction score
IF you know what brand and model you want, go to discountbandit.com. I got my truxedo sentry for much cheaper than anywhere on the web.

Users who are viewing this thread