5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best options to light up OEM power side step's?

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Looking for a nice led option to light up the sidesteps when they deploy... any suggestions? ...thanks in advance!!

pcolaram1500

Reaction score
Looking for a nice led option to light up the sidesteps when they deploy... any suggestions? ...thanks in advance!!
I installed these on my 22 Limited Longhorn https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D535PHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . If you take the the in-floor storage top trim off from the passenger floorboard, you will see there is a hole that passes through. I ran the wire from the Led strip up through that hole, and followed the door sills all the way to the front, and tapped them into the foot-well courtesy light. I don't have the power running boards, but the led strip lights up when the doors are opened or when unlocking the truck...any time the foot-well courtesy light would some on. As for the lights I ordered from Amazon, I ignored the DRL and Turn signal lights/wires. I just used the white courtesy lights. Did that about a month ago, and haven't had any issues.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 127
  • step_light.JPG
    step_light.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 128

CMil527

Reaction score
I installed these on my 22 Limited Longhorn https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D535PHM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . If you take the the in-floor storage top trim off from the passenger floorboard, you will see there is a hole that passes through. I ran the wire from the Led strip up through that hole, and followed the door sills all the way to the front, and tapped them into the foot-well courtesy light. I don't have the power running boards, but the led strip lights up when the doors are opened or when unlocking the truck...any time the foot-well courtesy light would some on. As for the lights I ordered from Amazon, I ignored the DRL and Turn signal lights/wires. I just used the white courtesy lights. Did that about a month ago, and haven't had any issues.
Looks good... thank you for the suggestion! 👍

Crawpapa

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Nice, I like that!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

Attachments

• D350B20D-6334-4A6F-85A0-8F292B1AA563.jpeg
    D350B20D-6334-4A6F-85A0-8F292B1AA563.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 8C7B9DD6-F8A6-48B9-BC9B-721F54945516.jpeg
    8C7B9DD6-F8A6-48B9-BC9B-721F54945516.jpeg
    92.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 08A8AD66-AE33-4402-B6F7-D112BE4B8C86.jpeg
    08A8AD66-AE33-4402-B6F7-D112BE4B8C86.jpeg
    96.3 KB · Views: 86

CMil527

Reaction score

Ldc2335

Reaction score

I have the sequential version under the Xmas tree, so I'll be tackling these in January. Not sold on the turn signal function yet, but thinking of a way to have it run once, then switch to white when I unlock the doors.

Sent from my Galaxy S21 Ultra using Tapatalk

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just put the wire taps on loosely and hold up the neg and positive and see which combo turns the lights on lol

Users who are viewing this thread