5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best NA option

Cross88

Reaction score
Alright ladies and gents, time for another opinion based thread. I just ordered my 2/4 drop kit, can’t wait to get it installed, and will also get some helper bags in the early spring when I go to start towing my TT again. My next big modification will be, in my mind, the perfect combo of power/towing/drivability/reliability but NA, no forced induction.

I know our 345 5.7L hemi engines are capable of a lot. I’m looking into a cam (with associated accommodating mods), intake manifold, long tube headers, a tune and possible trans mods.

Any and all input is appreciated. Also if anyone has any personal experience in forced induction with my “perfect combo”, please share. Thank you in advance.

e55amg2

Reaction score
I'd love to get a trans tune done...the stock calibration is not really set up for anything other than cruising.

Im not entirely sure where the air restriction point is on these engines (heads, cam, header, all of the above)....but the first thing would be to get an unlocked PCM and a tune so that you can actually make power (and not just noise) from mods

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Warranty doesn’t seem to be a issue with you so you are down the right track. After being cammed, TB will add(with) the mod mix. The stock intake manifold is actually great flowing for stocker. As for trans, depending on cam & towing weight possibly a higher stall torque converter. Other then that, some retuning. The stock ZF 8speed is finally over built & strong. Could step up to a 6.4 intake does show gains too( air inlet would need modifications).
I would get with Jay Greene or Moes Performance. Both are super cool & proven quality to ram truck enthusiasts. They can build you a power package for what your looking for. I’m sure save some money buying package over individual pieces also.

chad202

Reaction score
Alright ladies and gents, time for another opinion based thread. I just ordered my 2/4 drop kit, can’t wait to get it installed, and will also get some helper bags in the early spring when I go to start towing my TT again. My next big modification will be, in my mind, the perfect combo of power/towing/drivability/reliability but NA, no forced induction.

I know our 345 5.7L hemi engines are capable of a lot. I’m looking into a cam (with associated accommodating mods), intake manifold, long tube headers, a tune and possible trans mods.

Any and all input is appreciated. Also if anyone has any personal experience in forced induction with my “perfect combo”, please share. Thank you in advance.
Where you get the 2/4 drop from?

Cross88

Reaction score
Where you get the 2/4 drop from?

maxtracstore.com (accessorypartners) I have it, just not installed yet. $430, the front is adjustable by every 1/2” I believe 0-3”. I can’t wait to install it. A guy on here already installed his 2/4 drop on his 4x4 crew cab. Look for the belltech 2/4 drop thread in suspension. He posted pics, his experience and his measurements.

derp

Reaction score
exhaust cutouts for full throttle hooning may be called for.

Users who are viewing this thread