5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best MPG/Quietest ATs?

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After 35k and 5 years my Ridge Gripplers are in need of replacing. I had some pretty bad uneven wear on one side, other than that tread is decent but tires are coming up on 5 years old. I no longer drive to the boat ramp daily, tow much less, and have a longer commute occasionally. I like the aggressive look but want something quieter and with better gas mileage. I currently have the 305/45r22s and plan to go back to the factory size, tired of it rubbing. What are you guys recommending? Don't give two ****s about snow but tons of rain around here.

Bubba1120

Reaction score
I had BFG KO2's on my 21 Big Horn , loved the look, but got tired of the rough ride plus they did horrible in the rain. My new 24 Laramie has the Pirelli Verde Scorpion XL Scorpion Verde All Season tire price | Pirelli So far, I really like them, and they are a welcome break from the KO2''s. Who new Pirelli made XL truck tires.

Hope this helps.

Adrianp89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had BFG KO2's on my 21 Big Horn , loved the look, but got tired of the rough ride plus they did horrible in the rain. My new 24 Laramie has the Pirelli Verde Scorpion XL Scorpion Verde All Season tire price | Pirelli So far, I really like them, and they are a welcome break from the KO2''s. Who new Pirelli made XL truck tires.

Hope this helps.
Any pictures? They look like they would better fit for a sports look than a A/T look

Bubba1120

Reaction score
Any pictures? They look like they would better fit for a sports look than a A/T look
You are correct, def not an AT tire but still has a load cap of about 2500 lbs. Ill send a photo later.

Mikefs234

Reaction score
quite so far at 6k on them

Attachments

• IMG_2144.jpeg
    IMG_2144.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2139.jpeg
    IMG_2139.jpeg
    188.3 KB · Views: 41

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Whatever brand you decide to go with, a 4 ply standard load range tire will probably give the best mpg. If they have it in your size

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I've had the Vredestein Pinza tires for a while now they're awesome in any weather and you can't hear any road noise. Probably have around 30k miles on them by now.

Blizzak454

Reaction score
I'm gonna be due for new tires soon as well. I feel limited in size with the OEM 22's. I'd love a 275/50/22 but there are very few AT tires - mostly full off-road or pure street tires. I'm considering the Goodyear Wrangler Steadfast HT's in 285/45/22 as an AT / mix-use type design. I'll be on the highway 95% of the time and little to no towing, but I do want SOME light trail capability. Plus I like trying out newer designs when it comes to tires.

I do run Pirelli Scorpion AS Plus 3's on the wife's Pacifica and they are fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread