5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEST LIFT TO RETAIN FACTORY RIDE QUALITY

MIKE71

Reaction score
Hey guys ..new to the fourm and to the Ram world ..see a lot of differing opinions on lifts . I am trying to achieve a mild lifted look with a slight rake ( front higher if not level) .
I know im gonna sacrifice some ride quality but the truck drives so damn nice I hate to turn it into a skateboard on 35s .....

im thinking the mopar 2 inch lift and just lifting the front and leaving the rear alone ?? any thoughts ? or photos of your current lifts and experiences ?

also trying to determine what tire size to go with im gonna keep the stock 20 inch wheels for now ...looking for aggressive but don't want crazy tire noise either

2020 ram bighorn crew cab night edition

thanks
in advance

MarkB67

Reaction score
Hey guys ..new to the fourm and to the Ram world ..see a lot of differing opinions on lifts . I am trying to achieve a mild lifted look with a slight rake ( front higher if not level) .
I know im gonna sacrifice some ride quality but the truck drives so damn nice I hate to turn it into a skateboard on 35s .....

im thinking the mopar 2 inch lift and just lifting the front and leaving the rear alone ?? any thoughts ? or photos of your current lifts and experiences ?

also trying to determine what tire size to go with im gonna keep the stock 20 inch wheels for now ...looking for aggressive but don't want crazy tire noise either

2020 ram bighorn crew cab night edition

thanks
in advance
There’s nothing wrong with a 2 inch spacer lift, I had one on my 14 Ram along with Mevotech control arms and it rode and drove awesome but what you have to understand is that when you enter the 10 ply tire world the ride will be a little stiffer and that will even vary from brand to brand, so disregard all the negative comments you’ve heard about spacer lifts , people love to talk about issues they have never personally experienced just read about on the internet, I’ve put several spacer lifts on Ram trucks and have never had any negative feedback

MIKE71

Reaction score
I’m thinking about actually going with the readylift 3.5 and getting fox shocks much like the mopar kit

I actually purchased the mopar kit but after seeing some pics I’m thinking it’s not quite high enough ??

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m thinking about actually going with the readylift 3.5 and getting fox shocks much like the mopar kit

I actually purchased the mopar kit but after seeing some pics I’m thinking it’s not quite high enough ??
Add the offroad package springs to the front during install and it will be very close to the 3.5" kits but with much better ride quality

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
CD6ABB65-CC47-4D19-80E9-46BB3E41E0EB.jpeg
Mopar 2” lift paired with 275/70/18 tires if this helps any. :)

PorBoy

Reaction score
No sir it’s the Mopar 2” lift paired with the added piece form the updated TSB.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Answer to thread title. "NONE"
Only way to retain stock quality is keep it stock.

MIKE71

Reaction score
No sir it’s the Mopar 2” lift paired with the added piece form the updated TSB.
Got ya so you are saying with the orp springs it will achieve close to the 3.5 of the readylift

has anyone else done this would love to see it

I love the rake of the readylift but am scared reading the reviews ...

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want to retain factory ride; then MOPAR is probably your best bet. You may be able to get a good ride with some other kits; but you might have to swap out shocks to get what you want. Beware of Bilstein 5100 if you like the stock ride. 5100's are some super stiff shocks.

MIKE71

Reaction score
If you want to retain factory ride; then MOPAR is probably your best bet. You may be able to get a good ride with some other kits; but you might have to swap out shocks to get what you want. Beware of Bilstein 5100 if you like the stock ride. 5100's are some super stiff shocks.

Good info thanks

Does anyone know the part # for the fox shocks in the mopar kit ? Ans would they work with the readylift dimensions ??

Problem is I’ve seen some mopar lifts that look perfect and some that look almost like no lift at all ..... and all the readylift 3.5 trucks I’ve seen look spot on for the look I want ! I’m thinking with the 2inch mopar the 35s just fill the wheels wells almost too much taking away from the lifted look ??

I’m thinking either the mopar with the orp springs or the readylift with fox shocks similar to those in the mopar kit ??
im goin nuts one guy says best ride quality ever just like factory the next guy says so stiff it’s knocking their filings outta their teeth..... and that’s for the mopar with orp or the readylift lol

PorBoy

Reaction score
Stick with the Mopar with the updated front end and keep your sanity lol.

MIKE71

Reaction score
Stick with the Mopar with the updated front end and keep your sanity lol.
The mopar kit I have has a production date / box date of 10/19. So I’m assuming it’s the update part # on the box dosent have the a or b at the end of it .... what exactly again does the kit include so I can make sure it’s the update. ?

Jsochasky

Reaction score
I have just had the dealership install the Mopar lift ending in “AC” on my 19 sport CC 6’-4” box. They also installed 33/12.50/22 Nitto Terra Grapplers on the stock 22” wheels. My truck did not have the ORP springs and the ride is very close to stock smoothness with only a slight amount of tire noise if you are listening for it. No road noise with the sound canceling while the music is playing. The truck takes larger and smaller bumps smoother due to the tighter rebound. With the 12.50’s you definitely feel the road more, but in a more planted and feedback kind of way. The truck sits a lot more level than stock while maintaining a slight amount of rake. I recently drove a 20’ with the ORP and it feels a lot stiffer than mine with the Mopar lift and with it being stock. Hope this helps. Pic was taken on level ground
ed76cc786d8b3100f4b7a59d884678ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread