5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Interior Detailing Practices Prior To Trade In

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question regarding the BEST way to detail/hide any interior scuff marks on the “plastic” pieces of the black interior of the truck to look the best when taking my 21 Ram into trade for the 22 I had built when it arrives at the dealer. My plan was originally to pay someone else to detail it better than I could if it’s actually worthwhile OR just do it myself if there’s any tips/best practices out there. I normally just use filtered water to wipe down the inside of my truck to avoid ArmorAll type products but figure there would be better products to use upon trade to possibly help get me the most for their assessment. Anyone with experience with this already? Thanks in advance!

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly unless it’s trashed probably won’t make much a difference in trade in since they’ll run it though their detailer anyways before sticking it on the lot. Just make sure it’s clean you don’t have to go over and beyond but wipe the seats/door panels, dash down. Vacuum the mats and carpet make sure there’s not some rancid smell etc and remove everything don’t leave trash and belongs for someone else to have to take care of. Don’t overthink this. I use chemical guys quick interior detailer and a few microfiber rags and everything good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly unless it’s trashed probably won’t make much a difference in trade in since they’ll run it though their detailer anyways before sticking it on the lot. Just make sure it’s clean you don’t have to go over and beyond but wipe the seats/door panels, dash down. Vacuum the mats and carpet make sure there’s not some rancid smell etc and remove everything don’t leave trash and belongs for someone else to have to take care of. Don’t overthink this. I use chemical guys quick interior detailer and a few microfiber rags and everything good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Ok cool, I put 57k on just in the first year of owning but it’s always been kept very clean, no smells, non-smoker, etc. I just pack a lot in the cabin for work travels so there’s a couple surface scrapes from loading/unloading & wasn’t sure if there was a better detailer specific for black plastic interiors that excelled in this category. Thanks!

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The ventilated seats seam to trap little bits of crud in them that don’t just vacuum out.

Users who are viewing this thread