5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best instrument cluster configuration?

Myk5486

Reaction score
I do find it interesting that on the Ram you can change all 4 corners, plus the 2 side strips, and the top center. But in my Charger, my wife's Jeep (and her previous Pacifica) all you can change is the top 2 corners & the top center. I get that a truck owner might have more use for "information overload" while towing and such, but it would be nice to have so much adjustability/choice on my other vehicles too. Especially since they all use the same 7" screen.
Agreed, that is weird. Figured be consistent.

Myk5486

Reaction score
This is mine. Usually i'm on the digital speedometer screen and not on the fuel economy.
468543ddd6021f59528f90062e1af675.jpg
I might put that economy in though to learn better maybe. Have to figure out the lead foot thing first thought! If I ever, haha!

Myk5486

Reaction score
Only information I find useful on daily drive. MPG’s don’t matter to me I knew what I was buying when I got the truck.
Very true, more interesting to me then anything. Still not sure about the battery gauge thought, I don't run any aux stuff.

ZonaRam44

Reaction score
Here's what I roll with... The mpg was right after a fill up and I hit a lot of green lights.
20200116_183250.jpg

Konrad

Reaction score
It's an option in the cluster. Just select edit and cycle through to the odometer, I believe it's the only option.

Perfect, thanks! I don't know how I missed that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Nothing special to see here.... I figure the truck will yell at me if anything is going south so I only need the basics. I like seeing the time and temp since I can’t really see the time on the 12” while using CarPlay and the temp helps me adjust my driving style based on freezing conditions or not. And I don't care about fuel mileage .... by the way fuel cutoff is around 106....

Attachments

• 06919CFF-85FD-4A1A-9A5D-A0C5599EC6B1.jpeg
    06919CFF-85FD-4A1A-9A5D-A0C5599EC6B1.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 166

Majortom

Reaction score
I use this menu view as the default. Temp and pressure gauges (both analog and digital) along the bottom, driving conditions, and trip info in center. Gives me the ability to see pertinent info in a quick glance.

C8CB1B4C-BB9D-4FA6-9AA1-0B68FC140ED9.jpeg

NWRogue

Reaction score
Here's mine, not sure if I'm going to keep messing with it or not. Current and average MPG are not real important for real-time, just haven't figured out what I'm missing here. Probably put time and temp back. Thinking about switching two vertical bars as well.

gauges.jpg

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
Here is mine trip to show current miles on tank, range to show what is left, avg mpg, just to know, gear indicator, (next to gear) and time. I have the current speed in the center (didn’t think I would like it at first but it is convenient and if I just arrow down then get into vehicle info (like to check tire pressure at times). Proven that .numbers are easier to read and understand vs icons/graphs

Attachments

• 7EAF7841-C121-4509-825D-4C88681003CD.jpeg
    7EAF7841-C121-4509-825D-4C88681003CD.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 69

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I find it mildly amusing that about half the people who have responded are displaying the compass. I mean, possibly if I'm driving to an unfamiliar area? Even then I can usually tell which direction I'm driving. Would be more helpful at night I guess. But for driving or commuting in your normal area, why do you need the compass to tell you which direction you're driving? I'm not making fun of anyone, just somewhat curious. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I needed to use the compass in any vehicle. Especially now with navigation systems, including google maps or any other mapping app.

orange01z28

Reaction score
I leave mine as the default and usually have the middle screen set up with the audio

The only thing I change is the gear indicator

Last edited:

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I find it mildly amusing that about half the people who have responded are displaying the compass. I mean, possibly if I'm driving to an unfamiliar area? Even then I can usually tell which direction I'm driving. Would be more helpful at night I guess. But for driving or commuting in your normal area, why do you need the compass to tell you which direction you're driving? I'm not making fun of anyone, just somewhat curious. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I needed to use the compass in any vehicle. Especially now with navigation systems, including google maps or any other mapping app.
For me it's because any other info I cared to see in that corner was already displayed elsewhere. So... mostly useless compass display? Sure, why not.

Unlike my old Charger and my wife's Jeep the Ram has an overabundance of adjustability and info in the center display (always a good thing).

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't feel like taking a new picture so this is the one I'm using with the alert lol.

13BE9364-7347-4890-B9A2-440E64CD6DC4.jpeg

I typically leave it on fuel economy or the vehicle info screen with all the temps.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Compass_______________________Speedo ________________________Current MPG

Oil Temp
_____________________Vehicle Info_____________________Overall MPG
.......................................................(or whatever floats
........................................................my boat that day)
Trans Temp ___________________________________________________Miles to Empty

I also have the gear number "activated".

I have the 8.4" and it's easy to see ambient temperature so need to put it on my EVIC also.

Users who are viewing this thread