5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Handheld Tuner for 2019 Ram Laramie with Hemi V8

Adam2019

Reaction score
Hey all, not sure if this is the right part of the forum to ask this.
Does anyone know what the best handheldTuner is for the V8 Hemi with the E Hybrid system? I want to be Abel to just Plug into the ODB II port and pick either an Economy or Performace Tune. Seems like there are several out there that would would work...any thoughts on what works well? Hypertech, Superchips Flashpaq? Thanks!!!!

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Look into Diablosport. Have used the inTune on GM vehicles and will be using it again for my 19 Ram. Custom tuning is the way to go!

Adam2019

Reaction score
Look into Diablosport. Have used the inTune on GM vehicles and will be using it again for my 19 Ram. Custom tuning is the way to go!
Yeah it’s awesome for sure...on this new truck I don’t want a dash mounted until. Just something I can plug in to change the basics. Thanks all!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't believe it's that easy anymore, from what I read the pcm is locked by the factory. You first need get your pcm unlocked by sending it in before you can tune.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
Don't believe it's that easy anymore, from what I read the pcm is locked by the factory. You first need get your pcm unlocked by sending it in before you can tune.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
It is that easy still. Buy an unlocked pcm. Remove the one that is in the truck, install the unlocked one, plug the tuner in and tune away.

chad202

Reaction score
from what I’ve been reading just get you a sprint booster which adjust the voltage leaving your throttle to open the intake butterfly faster. Once you set it to your liking you can unplug the controller part so nothing is on your dash. They make a big difference because it allows the power to happen quicker instead of the fly by wire delay.

green68mustang_2002

Reaction score
from what I’ve been reading just get you a sprint booster which adjust the voltage leaving your throttle to open the intake butterfly faster. Once you set it to your liking you can unplug the controller part so nothing is on your dash. They make a big difference because it allows the power to happen quicker instead of the fly by wire delay.
Those things are junk! Ill spend a couple hundred more dollars and get a programmer that has the ability to custom tune.

Last edited:

chad202

Reaction score
Those things are junk! Ill spend a couple hundred more dollars and get a programmer that has the ability to custom tune.
They are not “junk”. May not be what you’re looking for but that doesn’t make them junk. Maybe not everyone wants to worry about swapping pcm when taking truck in for service.

Users who are viewing this thread