5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Fitting Bed Cover for RamBox and MFT

Jims380da

Reaction score
I know this subject has been beaten to death and there are other threads on this. I have owned my 2020 for over 2 months now and no closer to making a decision on a bed cover than I was when I picked up the truck at dealer. I would like a cover that looks low profile, ( tri fold or rolli up), water tight and easy to use. In the last month or so, I have learned that many manufacturers have modified their designs to accommodate the rambox and MF tailgate and was hoping that some of you guys may have the newer versions installed. Please give me your thoughts as well as any photos. As always, I appreciate all the great info you guys provide on this board. Thank you.

rorischak

Reaction score
I have the moose on my 2020 and have mdt and ram boxes. I like the moose BUT there are 2 huge gaps where the mft hinges exist. The gap is about 3/4” in each side but I really don’t see how any cover is going to fix this. It actually needs 2 separate rubber pieces to block water from going down there.

skatz5000

Reaction score
I have the truxedo pro x15 on my rambox and mft limited. I’d say it’s about 90% waterproof. I haven’t really tried to adjust anything though nor have I covered the holes on the bedsides which is where a little bit of water may be getting into the bed. It’s not enough that I wouldn’t keep something back there just not 100% bone dry the couple times I’ve looked while it was raining.

Jims380da

Reaction score
I have the truxedo pro x15 on my rambox and mft limited. I’d say it’s about 90% waterproof. I haven’t really tried to adjust anything though nor have I covered the holes on the bedsides which is where a little bit of water may be getting into the bed. It’s not enough that I wouldn’t keep something back there just not 100% bone dry the couple times I’ve looked while it was raining.
Have any photos of what it looks like? Is it a roll Up? Or tri fold?

rorischak

Reaction score
Sorry about the spelling. I did not mean to say moose I meant Mopar one from factory. I did not buy separate it came with the truck as the dealer ordered.
added a pic of gap

Attachments

• B50E1A7D-E4A6-4ECE-8C0B-ADF0CD87AE5E.jpeg
    B50E1A7D-E4A6-4ECE-8C0B-ADF0CD87AE5E.jpeg
    229.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread