5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best deals with new model year?

rgreener77

Reaction score
Hi all-
New to the forum. I currently own a 2019 Laramie, but am going to trade in for either a 2020 limited(year end) or order a 2021. I've been a long time reader of this forum. I'm curious, what were some of the best deals folks got off MSRP on Limiteds last year? I passed up a pretty aggressive deal yesterday(9k below MSRP 59 total on 68) and prob 1 or 2 k more for my trade. How good do the deals get at year end? My issue is I love Patriot blue and with the factory shut down they are few and far between. Also seems like they all have 22's, I want the 20's. So the debate is to get really lucky on year end and find one, or order a 2021 with just what I want. Thanks in advance for thoughts.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends how picky you are on your options...For me I was almost to the point of having to order but luckily found a truck that had all the needs that was less than 30 min away. Pretty much the only one I had found within hundreds of miles that was configured how I wanted it.
For the 20s/22s, you might be able to find someone local to trade with.

rgreener77

Reaction score
I hear ya. I am pretty specific. To me it's not just the idea of the 22's but also paying the 2k for something I don't want.

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I felt the same way about the 20's I ended up with, also knew that going to load range E with the 20's I would have limited choices. I'm not opposed to having a second set of wheels/tires on hand anyways so it didn't bother me too much.
Dealers have been known to swap wheels/tires if they have other trucks on the lot, can't hurt to ask.

rgreener77

Reaction score
I felt the same way about the 20's I ended up with, also knew that going to load range E with the 20's I would have limited choices. I'm not opposed to having a second set of wheels/tires on hand anyways so it didn't bother me too much.
Dealers have been known to swap wheels/tires if they have other trucks on the lot, can't hurt to ask.
I'm about 0-12 in asking them to swap. Had this very conversation yesterday. They had a used (only 2k miles) big horn with the Black rim 20's. They wouldn't do it.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
If you have specific options you want, it does make it tough. Definitely limits your negotiating power if you don't want to lose the truck. I think finding multiple trucks with the exact options you want in patriot blue is gonna be a challenge.

If you could live with the 22s for a while, maybe you could find someone willing to swap with cash on their end?

rgreener77

Reaction score
yeah, I hear ya. I guess I was curious what people got off of similar MSRPs last July/ august. I could learn to live with things for bigger discounts :)

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all-
New to the forum. I currently own a 2019 Laramie, but am going to trade in for either a 2020 limited(year end) or order a 2021. I've been a long time reader of this forum. I'm curious, what were some of the best deals folks got off MSRP on Limiteds last year? I passed up a pretty aggressive deal yesterday(9k below MSRP 59 total on 68) and prob 1 or 2 k more for my trade. How good do the deals get at year end? My issue is I love Patriot blue and with the factory shut down they are few and far between. Also seems like they all have 22's, I want the 20's. So the debate is to get really lucky on year end and find one, or order a 2021 with just what I want. Thanks in advance for thoughts.

I could have sworn I saw a patriot blue limited in my dealers lot last week. Ziegler / Grandville Dodge Ram...Grandville Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boston

Reaction score
With all three having such limited production this year and production lines for them and their suppliers so easily shut down by a Covid incident, I don’t think deals will get as great as they were back in April. Interest rates plus very small cash.
Year end might do more than Ford trying to clear the lots ahead of 2021. Cos they haven’t got many 2020’s either

Last edited:

rgreener77

Reaction score
With all three having such limited production this year and production lines for them and their suppliers so easily shut down by a Covid incident, I don’t think deals will get as great as they were back in April. Interest rates plus very small cash.
Year end might do more than Ford trying to clear the lots ahead of 2021. Cos they haven’t got many 2020’s either
yeah, kind of thinking the same. Wondering if should call that dealer back and take the deal honestly.

robrob

Reaction score
I also really really liked Patriot Blue and found a perfect one nearby (at Ziegler Schaumberg, actually). They were insanely rude, and all of their (laughable) numbers were all pretty much MSRP. I was fully expecting dealer shenanigans- ford lease was up, and my dealer was wanting $300/mo MORE for the same spec Lariat I had (also lol)- anyhow, it would be veering off topic to fully explain how horrible Zeigler was- just let it be known I would rather walk 30 miles a day than to give that operation a single dollar- but I ended up finding a better equipped black Laramie for the price I was willing to pay (despite swearing off black trucks, lol).

anyhow, what i am getting at it is deals were not exactly flying hot and heavy last month. but man, that patriot blue looks fierce.

(just not $5k/down, $1050 a month for a 59k Laramie fierce :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

rgreener77

Reaction score
Now they pulled back on my deal "incentives changed after 4th". $1,500 more than a week ago OTD. Think he just made my decision for me. Sadly

Users who are viewing this thread