5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best dealers to buy from??

Stickherbush

Reaction score
I am in the market to buy a new 1500 Laramie and was wondering what are some of the best dealerships to buy from. I see lots of people talking about driving to other states to buy there truck and it got me to wondering what states these people are driving to......
I live right outside of Kansas City Mo, so I’m pretty well located to drive in ANY direction if need be...lol
I have a trade so that will probably complicate things a little, but who knows....
So what dealerships have people had good luck dealing with over the phone? Thanks in advance

alow

Reaction score
Its a damn far trip for you but I'd say Dennis Dillon in Idaho was a good place to talk to. Try to find a good volume dealer and see if someone local will match them

LBTRS

Reaction score
Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg Idaho was great to work with and is a huge volume dealer. I bought a 2500 with a Cummins from them back in 2002 and got a great deal. They work everything over the phone and email.

I bought my current truck locally as they had what I wanted and it was a decent deal.

flatsix66

Reaction score
I live in Socal and bought from Tempe Ram in the Phoenix area and brought the truck back. The dealer was great to deal with, did everything over email and there were no surprises when I showed up to drive the truck back. I ended up selling my 15 2500 Denali via KBB dealer instant cash offer, I got a few grand higher then CarMax offered, compared to the KBB trade in and NADA wholesale value I did better then I would expect to get in on trade. Only bummer is the run-around with the CA DMV trying to conclude the CA registration transfer.

Stickherbush

Reaction score
I bought a new Cummins from them in 2005 and got done pretty dirty by them. I swore on my life I would NEVER buy from them again, but now I am beginning to consider going back. They seem to be the only volume dealer around me. The local smaller dealers don’t deal much at all.
I may give Max a chance out of butler, but it’s starting to look like I may just go to Koons or Dennis Dillon. Can’t be that bad to just take a road trip......lol

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I bought a new Cummins from them in 2005 and got done pretty dirty by them. I swore on my life I would NEVER buy from them again, but now I am beginning to consider going back. They seem to be the only volume dealer around me. The local smaller dealers don’t deal much at all.
I may give Max a chance out of butler, but it’s starting to look like I may just go to Koons or Dennis Dillon. Can’t be that bad to just take a road trip......lol
What exactly are you looking for?

Stickherbush

Reaction score
Standard Laramie in ivory or granite with sport package.
Not super picky about the options as leather is the main thing. I would love for it to have the larger gas tank. The small sunroof or none at all. 3:91 gears and gps.........that’s it.

Looking for the best deal I can find and to give my money to friendly people that do what they say. I have a trade or else I would have already dealt with Koons or Dillon and been done....lol

blankenbuhler

Reaction score
Looking for the best deal I can find and to give my money to friendly people that do what they say. I have a trade or else I would have already dealt with Koons or Dillon and been done....lol

Dennis Dillon takes trade-ins. You can submit your info/pics on-line.

I don't have a trade and have been searching most of the US... I will probably just end up ordering from Dillon.

Last edited:

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Standard Laramie in ivory or granite with sport package.
Not super picky about the options as leather is the main thing. I would love for it to have the larger gas tank. The small sunroof or none at all. 3:91 gears and gps.........that’s it.

I am getting a good deal from John Youngblood in Ozark. Not sure how far that is from you

mrbuck

Reaction score
I always go with the nearest dealer with the best price and service dept, dealerships are more likely to go the extra mile for you with service when you buy the vehicle from them than if you bought elsewhere, I've been down that road before...

Kamikaze6780

Reaction score
Dodge of Burnsville, in Burnsville Minnesota, I got a hell of a deal on my RAM Laramie with lvl 2 group, off-road package, and chrome package for around $41.5k. to me that's a hell of a deal

MrHankbot

I AM A ROBOT
Reaction score
Get a price from Dennis Dillon in Idaho, then send it to all the dealerships within a 2 hour drive and see who can match it. Buy.

The only thing that alters that a bit is if there is a dealership with a particularly good service department. Then I'd pay a little bit extra (no more than $500 extra) to buy from that dealership so I have a salesman to lean on in case the service department ever comes up short.

I drive by more than a couple RAM dealers on the way to Fremont NE where I bought my ram and have it serviced. More than one friend I trust with a RAM recommended them to me, and they got very very close to Dillons quoted price.

PTRAM

Reaction score
I can recommend where I purchase my FCA vehicles as they are definitely the best in this area. (Upstate SC) I was down there one morning and started talking to a man I did not know and he told me that he and his wife both drove vehicles from Ohio to trade for a purchase of a new truck from my dealer. They were not there very long before they were on their way back to Ohio. When I purchased my 2019 Ram on Dec. 11, my salesman took a call and apologized for taking it while talking to me. He said it was from a potential customer in Mississippi. I know those people from Ohio did not drive their vehicles for a "hope so deal after driving all night. I am just mentioning this since I saw what the thread was about. So, the dealer is "Bensons CDJR=located in Greer SC and phone number is 864-877-0161." The contact person is Don Loony (GM of sales). I know--probably too great of distance for you.

Users who are viewing this thread