5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best cover for hail

Tonka2020

Reaction score
I'm moving to Colorado Springs in June. Worst month for hail on the front range. Anyone have suggestions on a cover that protects well against hail? Unfortunately I will not have option of car cover or garage for my beloved Ram. I've been reading up on covers that "claim" they protect against hail, but I'm just not sure. And the Hail Cover that allegedly "blows up" with air in 5 minutes is expensive.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I got caught in a large hail storm a few years ago about 1/2 mile from my garage. I was racing trying to get home before it let loose but didn't make it. it so happens that I was right by the drive-in car wash and I hung a quick left and ran my truck into the bay and waited out the hail. luckily made it just in time.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had a Hail Protector when I had my 2006 Ram 2500 CTD Mega Cab and didn’t have a garage to park it in. The setup can be tedious at first, but once you do it a few times, you can do it pretty quick. Worked well for me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread