5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Console Safe Option?

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have decided I want a center console safe. What would you guys recommend? I see the MOPAR option, the Tuffy and the Lock'erdown. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Jody

Last edited:

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I bought the tuffy. Works fine. I believe they make the mopar one as well with the only difference maybe being a handle instead of using the key to open it.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
Lock’erdown. Spend the extra money and get the electronic keypad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks. I went this route. I narrowed it down the one with the tumbler lock or the electronic keypad and went with the keypad version. I ordered it from Real Truck, they had a sale.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I bought the tuffy. Works fine. I believe they make the mopar one as well with the only difference maybe being a handle instead of using the key to open it.
The reason I didn’t go with these is that I didn’t want to have to use a key. I do like the price better though!

sep1006

Reaction score
Tuffy here as well. Key can be a pain every now and then but it's not like I use it every day.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Mopar safe from the factory. No complaints.

Solracer

Reaction score
Wish there was a biometric option on these.

Joe_Lake

Reaction score
I have a console vault and I have no complaints. I've used them in my last 2 rigs.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a Lock'er down with the keypad but you are not going to be Quick Draw McGraw if you need your iron.

Unhook your seatbelt, twist around in your seat, slide the cupholder forward, open console, type in the combination, twist knob, draw your iron.

Best of luck doing all of this at 70 MPH.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I have a Lock'er down with the keypad but you are not going to be Quick Draw McGraw if you need your iron.

Unhook your seatbelt, twist around in your seat, slide the cupholder forward, open console, type in the combination, twist knob, draw your iron.

Best of luck doing all of this at 70 MPH.
I picked this magnet up from amazon and 3M taped it to the map pouch. works perfectly.

Attachments

• PXL_20220419_141452649.jpg
    PXL_20220419_141452649.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 128

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I don’t plan on “carrying” my Gat in the truck. I just want a secure place to keep my car wash tip money and to have in the rare circumstance that I need to stow my carry hog leg for a short period of time.

fender_fella

Reaction score
For the Lock'er down electronic lock... Where does it get it's power from? Battery? What do you do if the battery dies and you can't get into the safe?

RHCan

USAF Retired Vet
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lock'er down with keypad for me. Last truck had factory and truck before had tuffy .
Lock'er down going forward

Brunzca

Reaction score
Anyone bought the lock’er down with the combination lock and replaced it themselves with an aftermarket electronic keypad? I saw somewhere you can do that for a fraction of the cost of the $150 upcharge the keypad costs. But, I cant find any instructions on how to do it, so no idea if it’s easy or not. Not that it’s a ton of $, but if I can save a buck on something that appears to be a big markup, and it’s an easy swap, why not…

Users who are viewing this thread