5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Cleaning Products

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Title.

I have a basic, dealer-applied ceramic coating. Not great but better than nothing and much cheaper than 3rd party shops.

Right now I'm mainly looking for a good tire shine, and a leather cleaner/conditioner.

With the former, Black Magic and Meguiars look interesting but I don't have experience with anything besides ArmorAll (which is meh).

With the latter, I've used Lexar in the past and been mostly happy with the results, but it's kind of tedious to apply, especially with doing the cleaner and conditioner separately. Is there a brand that makes a cleaner + conditioner that's actually good?

Cajun_

Reaction score
Color guard makes good stuff for leather, outside of that just pick anything up from Adams, gtechnic, gyeon, ect.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Color guard makes good stuff for leather, outside of that just pick anything up from Adams, gtechnic, gyeon, ect.
The Adams line looks very appealing but they have a lot of overlapping stuff and it's kinda confusing...

cervelo15

Reaction score
Title.

I have a basic, dealer-applied ceramic coating. Not great but better than nothing and much cheaper than 3rd party shops.

Right now I'm mainly looking for a good tire shine, and a leather cleaner/conditioner.

With the former, Black Magic and Meguiars look interesting but I don't have experience with anything besides ArmorAll (which is meh).

With the latter, I've used Lexar in the past and been mostly happy with the results, but it's kind of tedious to apply, especially with doing the cleaner and conditioner separately. Is there a brand that makes a cleaner + conditioner that's actually good?
I’ve been doing a lot of research on the new Turtle Wax line of products, this one in particular:
85D0F2A6-9E8B-41F8-BBCB-DFF84A1C014E.jpeg

Spray this on the paint then top with Koch Chemie SoO2 and you have a ridiculous amount of paint clarity and gloss. This may become my new 1-2 punch for protection and gloss over my existing ceramic coating.

They also have a line of products for the interior, one of which is Turtle Wax Inside Job. This is an all in one that cleans, conditions and protects. I’ve seen some car detailing channels have been reviewing this product and it looks great.

They also have a tire shine that is supposed to hold up to multiple washings and keep the tire looking a rich black color. I’m interested in trying that as well.

I wouldnt have looked twice at Turtle Wax,but I think think this new line of products has them back in the spotlight.

Cajun_

Reaction score
The Adams line looks very appealing but they have a lot of overlapping stuff and it's kinda confusing...
They all do the same stuff just note that anything with graphing will be their newer stuff with graphing in them. Otherwise just get what looks right it will work fine.

kymts

Reaction score
I am looking into the Turtle-Wax hybrid solutions leather care. Available most anywhere. I have had good results with Turtle-Wax line of exterior products for many years. The Pro Flex Graphene looks most appealing to me for exterior as it can be applied to auto not completely dry. It is not readily available on shelves.

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I'm partial to Chemical Guys myself, mostly because their products are easy to use and smell great. You can find most of their stuff at Walmart or auto parts stores and they're somewhere in the middle of the price scale. I also love the Turtle Wax spray ceramic - it's incredible for the money.

Truthfully, no one brand is significantly better than the other. Try different things and see what you like.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm partial to Chemical Guys myself, mostly because their products are easy to use and smell great. You can find most of their stuff at Walmart or auto parts stores and they're somewhere in the middle of the price scale. I also love the Turtle Wax spray ceramic - it's incredible for the money.

Truthfully, no one brand is significantly better than the other. Try different things and see what you like.
Have heard a lot of good things about Chem Guys. Something about the Adam's line though has me interested. Think I will start with a couple from them and see how they do. Thanks you guys!

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I’ve had lots of Chemical Guys, Adams, Turtle Wax, and Carpro products and personally I like Chemical Guys and Turtle Wax the best. I wasn’t a fan of Adams at all. I debated just throwing out all the products I got but I kept them as back ups.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had lots of Chemical Guys, Adams, Turtle Wax, and Carpro products and personally I like Chemical Guys and Turtle Wax the best. I wasn’t a fan of Adams at all. I debated just throwing out all the products I got but I kept them as back ups.
I've tried turtle wax stuff before and was not impressed, but they have a new line mentioned here that may be worth a look.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I've tried turtle wax stuff before and was not impressed, but they have a new line mentioned here that may be worth a look.
Yeah I only have experience with their newer stuff and I like it. Its not way better than other products but I feel like it works well!

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
I have been using chemical guys stuff for interior.
A good detailer friend ( who uses much higher end stuff) reccomended Chem Guys for general use.
Only thing I dont like is using microfibers all the time... Then washing them. But it probably is cheaper than wipes, and a better product.
Wipes are much easier, but I dont know of any good ones that are reasonably priced.

I will say Armorall leather wipes blow imo and leave weird shiny marks, and I never liked their "protectant" wipes.

kymts

Reaction score
Is there any reason to not use real leather chamois for drying after wash? I have a couple made from deerskin which is really soft and seems to work better than anything else. Once wet i can wring out then slap it over a horizontal surface and pull resulting in an almost completely dry surface. I then finish drying with microfiber.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Is there any reason to not use real leather chamois for drying after wash? I have a couple made from deerskin which is really soft and seems to work better than anything else. Once wet i can wring out then slap it over a horizontal surface and pull resulting in an almost completely dry surface. I then finish drying with microfiber.
There's no reason not to, and as long as it's clean, you should be fine.

Cajun_

Reaction score
If it's clean and softer than the paint/coating you got on her then use whatever you want. The reason people recommend microfiber is because it's the above and holds tons of water and lifts any dirt that may still be on the paint into the fibers instead of dragging them on the paint.

teamroper60

Reaction score
I won several shows over a 10 year period using Adams products. Their stuff is expensive but good if you want a show finish. Back then my truck was garaged, so the stuff lasted a long time, offsetting the cost. Ive since moved, bought a boat and traded trucks. Now my truck sits outside and will need more frequent attention. I dont feel the cost of their products is worth it when I know I will have to apply them much more often. I havent decided what direction I am going now..

Reactions: c3k

Cajun_

Reaction score
I won several shows over a 10 year period using Adams products. Their stuff is expensive but good if you want a show finish. Back then my truck was garaged, so the stuff lasted a long time, offsetting the cost. Ive since moved, bought a boat and traded trucks. Now my truck sits outside and will need more frequent attention. I dont feel the cost of their products is worth it when I know I will have to apply them much more often. I havent decided what direction I am going now..
Newer products don't need to be applied as often and you can use less of them. This tends to offset the cost. I do one major wash every three months and what is basically dust, bug and bird **** removal every week with heavily diluted snow foam and bug remover.

Scjshaylen

Reaction score
Take some time and browse AutoGeek.net store and forum. TONS of product reviews and suggestions. Adams has a good reputation. Meguiars is usually a quality product that you can get just about anywhere. A few other good brands I have had good results with are SONAX, Wolfgang, Griots Garage, Duragloss, Stoners (makes invisible glass), and Chemical Guys.
I suggest the Griots Garage PFM towel for drying, works excellent.
I have Griots Garage leather cleaner / conditioner in one, which I think works well.
Tire shine really depends on the sheen you’re looking for. Stoners makes an aerosol Tire Shine that works well with a nice shine, just need to wipe down the overspray afterwards. Anything Wolfgang has always done right by me. I would feel confident in using any product from any of the brands I listed above. Tons of good products on Autogeek.net. You can read/research for days, ask me how I know……
Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cajun_

Reaction score
go watch pan the organizer and anything on obsessed garage's website will be good

Users who are viewing this thread