5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Child Car Seat Position

Child Car Seat Best Position?

• Behind Front Driver Seat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlckDT

Reaction score
So I currently have a 1 year old who sits rear facing in the car seat. I have it setup and secured using the car seat hooks on the side behind the passenger seat. I realized there are side airbags and have considered moving the car seat to the center position.

What are your thoughts on best position for a child car seat?

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
So I currently have a 1 year old who sits rear facing in the car seat. I have it setup and secured using the car seat hooks on the side behind the passenger seat. I realized there are side airbags and have considered moving the car seat to the center position.

What are your thoughts on best position for a child car seat?
I've got my rear facing 18 month old in the middle. Easy enough to put him in and get him out while standing on the side step, while also allowing people to comfortably sit in the outboard seats.

badandyemt

Reaction score
Standard recommendations are that the middle is the safest. Second best is generally the passenger side since it is considered safer loading/unloading on the curb side if you are parked along a street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online