5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Back Seat Covers?

Zdub

Reaction score
According to Rough Country they will not fit the quad cab. Which really sucks because I like them alot.
@Poundfoolish_ZA did you find some you liked? Given your username, I should probably just go by Covercraft or something that I know is going to fit perfect but the rough country ones do look really sharp and are about half the price

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I've looked around a bit for rear seat covers, but it seems like all the ones I've found do not have holes for the middle seat belt and arm rest. The armrest is used by my kids all the time and there have been times where I've had three peeps in the rear seat. I'll take a look for the RC ones... Probably expensive though. Why would these covers not work in a Limited?

In any case, went searching again and stumbled up on this (much cheaper than $210US):
Rear Seat Cover
Though I just noticed that it doesn't split for the 60/40 fold... But I think I can deal with that, since it doesn't attach to the bottom of the seat - so it should move around when lifting the seat.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've looked around a bit for rear seat covers, but it seems like all the ones I've found do not have holes for the middle seat belt and arm rest. The armrest is used by my kids all the time and there have been times where I've had three peeps in the rear seat. I'll take a look for the RC ones... Probably expensive though. Why would these covers not work in a Limited?

In any case, went searching again and stumbled up on this (much cheaper than $210US):
Rear Seat Cover
Though I just noticed that it doesn't split for the 60/40 fold... But I think I can deal with that, since it doesn't attach to the bottom of the seat - so it should move around when lifting the seat.
I'm not sure the reason they say that. The seats are the same shape. They may not recommend them due to the fact Limiteds have a different rear arm rest, and cooled rear reclining seats.

TosaInu

Reaction score
I have tried so many dog hammocks that it is ridiculous, I even made my own at one point. Most hammocks, even when they say they are designed for crew cab trucks, are not wide enough (front to back) even if they are long enough (door to door). Most seem to be designed as though you will use them with the seats down, rather than using the fold out platform with the seats up. When I purchased my new 3500 about two weeks ago, I swore to do everything I can to keep my truck as clean of dog hair as possible even though with my 185-pound Mastiff, that will prove to be difficult. The best hammock I had previously found was this one:

The length (door to door) was really good as it was just about the same length as the fold out platform, however, the width (front to back) was still pretty bad. I had to extend the straps in order to even get it to rest on the platform but even then, the width just looked very confined for my large dog. I will say, if you are on a budget, this one isn't a horrible option but just be warned that it's nowhere close to being perfect.

Anyway, I recently got this one:

Obviously, this is not the cheapest hammock but my oh my, it is as close to perfect as I have found, and the quality is way better than any other hammock I have owned (guessing I have owned close to a dozen at this point). This one also extends the full length of the platform but also the full width of the platform as well. The straps and buckles are probably 2-3 times as thick as standard, and I don't anticipate any buckles breaking anytime soon. You still won't get "full coverage" up the front and rear seats, but I am pretty sure at this point that a hammock like that doesn't exist unless you custom make one. Anyway, this is not an advertisement (I know I am new so questions may be asked) but just passing along my review. This is far and away the best hammock I have used for a Ram crew cab, no questions asked.

For the record, I owned my previous 2017 Ram 2500 for just over 7 years and likely tried out at least 5 hammocks for comparison. If you can stomach the $135 for this one I think you will be impressed (likely not as great for a Mega Cab). I still plan on putting down a layer under this hammock as well since it seems, no matter what I use, my beast of a dog still ends up getting a ton of hair into places that just don't seem possible.

This is my Amazon review on this hammock, along with the same pictures I have attached here in case I left out any details.

Attachments

• 20240305_171400.jpg
    20240305_171400.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240305_170706.jpg
    20240305_170706.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240305_170645.jpg
    20240305_170645.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240305_170638.jpg
    20240305_170638.jpg