5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best AT Tires for 2022 1500 Limited 4x4 22"

Russr

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new here. Have been looking at the Continental AT , Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT, and Toyo AT III. Continental seems to have the best rating but the MT Baja look better but doesn't look like the rating is as good. Toyo looks like it's only an average tire. Mostly highway, but some off road and I'm worried the 22" stock low-pro Pirelli's won't hold up. Any suggestions?

Mister 4x4

Reaction score
Here's my take on it all, based on the shopping around I've been doing:

My plan, once I wear out the stock Goodyear SUV street tires, is to go with a lift/level kit and some 285/55R22 Nitto Recon Grapplers on the factory Longhorn rims.

Most of the 'All Terrain' tires out there these days are designed less for on-road performance than off-road. If you're planning on more on-road driving, you'll want something with more siping and less voids [between the tread lugs]. Taking SUV street tires off-road will get you stuck faster than anything, especially if the trails get moist and greasy. The Mickey T's, and Toyos are very similar to the Recon Grapplers, and the Venoms are almost identical to BFG All-Terrain KOs - which are excellent tires.

I would actually consider the Venoms for mine, but can't get them in the size I want for 22" rims (one major drawback when shopping for tires).

The Recon Grapplers are not quite as pricey as the Toyos and Mickey T's, but if money's a consideration, the Venoms would be the best overall deal and almost half the price of the others. (I might even just decide to deal with the potential rubbing issues at those prices)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread