5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best all terrain tire for every day driving.

Wsmith

Reaction score
I have a 19 ram 1500 4x4 and it came with touring tires but I want to switch to AT tires. I dont do any off roading but I live in the country and I may be in a situation to need a little extra grip. My question is does anyone have experience with a quiet comfortable not overly aggressive AT tire that I should look into? Any advice would be appreciated.
You asked for it, now your likely more confused.

Collantesch

Reaction score
What about Nexen Roadian MTX? Has anyone tried a set of these before? There's limited reviews about it but mostly positive.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pathfinder A/T. Very reasonably priced, not overly aggressive, handled everything a MN winter threw at me just as good as the Falken Wild Peaks and make no noise on the highway. They are a discount tire exclusive.

the only reason I didn’t get them again is I wanted something that looked more aggressive. To me, OP this is the perfect tire for you. I attached a picture of them on my truck. That is the 275/60/20 size I paid just under $800 all in for the set. F6F6CDE5-8A18-4ED0-9188-8418B634316E.jpeg

Charger68

Reaction score
Another vote for dynapro atm's. Have them on my 19 laramie and love em. I have set for sale in nw ohio if interested.

rubrduk

Reaction score
I ran Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on my Silverado (305/45/22) and had 65,000 miles on them when I sold the truck...they still had another good 10-15k miles on them

I was crazy impressed with those

Chuck19

Reaction score
My vote is for Ridge Grapplers. I have had a set on a Jeep Wrangler Ford F-150 Ford F-250 and now this ram 1500. They are very capable off-road and well mannered on dry or wet pavement. Plus putting them on a light ram 1500 you are going to get easily 50,000+ miles out of them if you aren’t beating them up too hard off road. I had 45000 on my f250 and could have easily gotten another 10000 out of them.

neeginan

Reaction score
Pathfinder A/T. Very reasonably priced, not overly aggressive, handled everything a MN winter threw at me just as good as the Falken Wild Peaks and make no noise on the highway. They are a discount tire exclusive.

the only reason I didn’t get them again is I wanted something that looked more aggressive. To me, OP this is the perfect tire for you. I attached a picture of them on my truck. That is the 275/60/20 size I paid just under $800 all in for the set. View attachment 76256

A buddy of mine runs the Pathfinder AT tires and also loves them.

I couldn't find them in the size I wanted, 275 65 20, or I would have considered them as well.

Wilrob

Reaction score

the only reason I didn’t get them again is I wanted something that looked more aggressive. To me, OP this is the perfect tire for you. I attached a picture of them on my truck. That is the 275/60/20 size I paid just under $800 all in for the set. View attachment 76256
Those look nice. I have the black out appearance package as well. I love it. Thanks for the advice and the pic. Nice truck

Wilrob

Reaction score
I ran Nitto Terra Grappler G2's on my Silverado (305/45/22) and had 65,000 miles on them when I sold the truck...they still had another good 10-15k miles on them

I was crazy impressed with those
Wow sounds like some good tread life. Any over bearing noise or rough ride?

Wilrob

Reaction score
Have you looked into any of the Nexen Roadian tires? Had those on my 2wd F-150. Very smooth and quiet with a little extra grip. Last I checked...they were slightly cheaper than Continental ones...
thanks for the advice. i will look at those also

flyfingers

Reaction score
I'm also throwing my vote in for Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 3. I've run TOYO Open Country and Falken AT3W which are also solid tires but of the three I like the Revo 3 the best. The load rating is very high and, perhaps more importantly to me anyway, it is an extremely quiet tire. Aside from the fairly high purchase price, they've been a fantastic tire. Falken AT3W would come in a close second.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just to complicate it more...I have the P-rated Falken Wildpeak AT3W's now. Got them 5k miles ago...great tire and been driving highway 40 miles per day, no signs I wear...quiet and smooth. Will be using them on the snowy off road trails in Prescott AZ in two weeks as well as the snowy roads in Mount Charleston, NV.

NoizyChild

Reaction score
Just to complicate it more...I have the P-rated Falken Wildpeak AT3W's now. Got them 5k miles ago...great tire and been driving highway 40 miles per day, no signs I wear...quiet and smooth. Will be using them on the snowy off road trails in Prescott AZ in two weeks as well as the snowy roads in Mount Charleston, NV.
Thanks for this, I'd like to hear your update after that snowy off road trip.

rubrduk

Reaction score
Wow sounds like some good tread life. Any over bearing noise or rough ride?
the tires sounded different but were not any louder than the factory tires

I was running 305/40/22"s so there was a firmer ride,...but I was leveled on Bilstein 5100's so it was still nice

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3W or Cooper AT3 4S
The Coopers are nice tires... personally the side tread wasn't aggressive enough for me, plus I've been told that after around 30k miles they lose a lot of their grip...more so than other tires.

ktl5005

Reaction score
The Coopers are nice tires... personally the side tread wasn't aggressive enough for me, plus I've been told that after around 30k miles they lose a lot of their grip...more so than other tires.
Maybe the old AT3 but the new 4S likely don’t loose grip. To get the mountain symbol for severe weather I’m sure it’s grips just fine. In fact they are on my wife’s 2018 Durango RT and the car felt very stable earlier this week in the snow storm

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe the old AT3 but the new 4S likely don’t loose grip. To get the mountain symbol for severe weather I’m sure it’s grips just fine. In fact they are on my wife’s 2018 Durango RT and the car felt very stable earlier this week in the snow storm
You might be correct...I could've been thinking of the AT3's.

Users who are viewing this thread