5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best A/T or Hybrid Tire for Highway and Wet Conditions

ExileActual

Reaction score
I'm pretty much sold on getting some 0 or +1 offset wheels and some 275/60r20 tires for my truck. I do mostly highway driving in south Florida where it's been raining every day for weeks now. I need recommendations for a tire that's isn't noisy on the highway and handles wet roads well. Please help!

JohnnyLogo

Reaction score
Toyo Open Country A/T2 are rated the best and I had these on my Last pickup before trading it in for my Ram. I too do mainly highway driving but off road about 10% of the time. I searched for the best A/T tire for the highway and Toyo were rated one of the best.. However the Falken Wildpeak A/T3's that came with my Big Horn 4x4 off road are pretty darn quiet. Honestly I cant tell much of a difference as it relates to road noise, highway handling and driving in the rain between the two. The Falkens are about 10 bucks cheaper per tire at Discount Tire, but the Toyo are warrantied for 10k more miles than the Wild peaks..

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just put Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus 275/60R20 on my truck. They have good hydroplaning resistance; but they do slip a little on acceleration from a stop on wet roads. I had Falken Wildpeaks AT3/W on another RAM I had; they were probably the best All-Terrain tire I have ever had for wet and for everyday driving. I also had Nitto Terra Grapplers on a Jeep; I will never buy a Nitto again....they were downright scary on wet roads. Based upon my experience, I would say that Falken Wildpeaks AT3/W are the best. The only downside to the Wildpeaks is that they are much heavier than other tires. I went with the Scorpions because of the weight and because I got a great price. Insofar as noise, the Wildpeaks and the Scorpions are about the same; just a little hum but nothing that noticeable or annoying.

Vilas15

Reaction score
Toyo Open Country A/T2 are rated the best and I had these on my Last pickup before trading it in for my Ram. I too do mainly highway driving but off road about 10% of the time. I searched for the best A/T tire for the highway and Toyo were rated one of the best.. However the Falken Wildpeak A/T3's that came with my Big Horn 4x4 off road are pretty darn quiet. Honestly I cant tell much of a difference as it relates to road noise, highway handling and driving in the rain between the two. The Falkens are about 10 bucks cheaper per tire at Discount Tire, but the Toyo are warrantied for 10k more miles than the Wild peaks..
FYI the off road package comes with Falken Wildpeak AT3W A which is different than the AT3W. Its a less aggressive made for RAM version.

brandonjscioneaux

Reaction score
I'm pretty much sold on getting some 0 or +1 offset wheels and some 275/60r20 tires for my truck. I do mostly highway driving in south Florida where it's been raining every day for weeks now. I need recommendations for a tire that's isn't noisy on the highway and handles wet roads well. Please he

I'm pretty much sold on getting some 0 or +1 offset wheels and some 275/60r20 tires for my truck. I do mostly highway driving in south Florida where it's been raining every day for weeks now. I need recommendations for a tire that's isn't noisy on the highway and handles wet roads well. Please help!
Factory Falken Wildpeak AT3's are very smooth and quiet. I just installed a set of Toyo AT3's and they are smooth and quiet for as aggressive as they are. I've tried Cooper AT3's, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Toyo RT, and now the Toyo AT3's. With a better wet and snow rating I like these Toyo AT3's the best this far.

AmericanRebelution

Reaction score
Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are VERY popular here. These are not the same as the factory Falkens. No personal experience with them, but there are lots of members who speak highly of them.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I currently have 33x11.5x20 nitto ridge grapplers. While they look good, handle well in dry conditions they don't do great in wet conditions.

redevil

Reaction score
Continental Terrain Contact AT are great tires that I would recommend. Had them on my 2015 before trading the truck in. Would buy them again when mine wear down as replacements.

slowjam

Reaction score
Michelin LTX defender is my favorite tire. Super quiet and amazing tread life. Excellent in everything but heavy mud. Great on rain in snow...

Users who are viewing this thread