5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Besides Dennis Dillon... What dealer in the west..

joshj84

Reaction score
I bought my last ram from Dennis Dillon in Idaho, i love their pricing and just no BS approach. No fake discounts or bait and switch crap..

With that being said, who has had good luck in Cali with dealers? Oregon / Nevada / Arizona? I'm willing to drive to Dennis Dillon again if I have to, but i'd rather not.

jastevenson

Reaction score
I wasn’t able to find anywhere that could match them. That said, they won’t give you the big discount unless you finance with them at high APR.

Did you refinance after buying from them? Otherwise, the deal is actually not good.

joshj84

Reaction score
Honestly don't remember, it was a few years ago. But I financed through my own bank I believe, and still got the discounts.. although it was a long time ago so i could be wrong on who i financed with.

Fishwiz

Reaction score
I can't offer any other dealers, but I can say that I also had a great experience with Dennis Dillon. I have some other posts about my experience there.

I tried to work with Dave Smith and found their lack of transparency unacceptable. They don't advertise their price, then fail to call me back after I request information... Then hand me off to several different people. Finally their price isn't that great, and they claim they don't have to compete in price since they are getting the competition on inventory.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

tjsadler

Reaction score
I'm working with Grady (fleet manager) at Hoblit in Woodland, CA. Just outside of Sacramento. Very straightforward and the best price I was quoted for my ordered 2021. Not sure how they are on their regular inventory but so far I'm very happy with them.

joshj84

Reaction score
I can't offer any other dealers, but I can say that I also had a great experience with Dennis Dillon. I have some other posts about my experience there.

I tried to work with Dave Smith and found their lack of transparency unacceptable. They don't advertise their price, then fail to call me back after I request information... Then hand me off to several different people. Finally their price isn't that great, and they claim they don't have to compete in price since they are getting the competition on inventory.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah I hate how dave smith handles their business, from their website, to deceptive pricing, and so on..

ldoh

Reaction score
A few years back Dave Smith was bought out by an investor group. However I have nothing to complain about. My sales guy was very professional (other than handing me off for the obligatory finance office sales pitch). Full transparency via the phone, email, and in person. I didn't have to negotiate price. He gave me their best price. I got over 30% off MSRP in June 2019. They normally have the most vehicles on the lot to choose from. For free they pick you up at the airport, etc...

Comparing that to the craptastic local dealerships that wouldn't even negotiate on the phone it was a no brainer.

Last edited:

antwon412

Reaction score
Larry H Miller in Boise Idaho has the best price of early when I looked at. Shoot me a PM and I can give you the information of the people I worked with. They promised me that they woukd treat anyone I recommended to them with the same courtesy they did me.

Awesome service.

joshj84

Reaction score
A few years back Dave Smith was bought out by an investor group. However I have nothing to complain about. My sales guy was very professional (other than handing me off for the obligatory finance office sales pitch). Full transparency via the phone, email, and in person. I didn't have to negotiate price. He gave me their best price. I got over 30% off MSRP in June 2019. They normally have the most vehicles on the lot to choose from. For free they pick you up at the airport, etc...

Comparing that to the craptastic local dealerships that wouldn't even negotiate on the phone it was a no brainer.

Interesting! I called and they were quoting me around 6-9% off MSRP and touting how they're the best in the nation and have the best deals anywhere. Didn't make much sense to me since Dennis Dillon is usually 18-20% off MSRP at all times. But from what I can see they do have a giant inventory of trucks. I'd make the trek up there if they would work a good deal.

flyfingers

Reaction score
I'm working with Grady (fleet manager) at Hoblit in Woodland, CA. Just outside of Sacramento. Very straightforward and the best price I was quoted for my ordered 2021. Not sure how they are on their regular inventory but so far I'm very happy with them.
Care to share the details? MSRP v. final negotiated price before TTL? Thanks

flyingpoint

Reaction score
I was quoted ~$1,800 under invoice minus whatever incentives are available when it arrives. That's on a Longhorn with everything except the cold weather group and factory tonneau.
Thanks a lot for the post! I just have ordered a 2021 Lmt through Grady. Surprised that he didn't ask for any paper to be signed or deposit to be made. Was it the same situation to you? BTW I only get $1600 off invoice but not $1800. I am Ok with that anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread