5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bench seat to console conversion done 22 L2 BH V6

RX9790

Reaction score
Massive special thanks to whomever did the 30 page writeup, it saved me hours of work. I put a 19 Laramie console in and everything but the wireless charge and cd player works. There are some differences in the 22 model (minor) if you want to update the writeup how-to. 1. The rear bracket works but there is no alignment hole. Mount as far back as the bolt holes allow. 2. The large black connector can be brought to the front by cutting and extending 1 green wire that goes to whatever that module is on the floor. Just open the harness tape and lots of length. 3. The USB can reach if you unplug the ITMB first, undo the plastic clip and reroute a little. Once it is plugged in and the console is slid in place the ITMB will easily be plugged back in. Its a tight fit. 4. No need to remove the seats. You can make a 2 inch slit in the carpet and it will slide right out easily. the cut part is under the side of the console so no need to worry about seeing it later. The pic shows the part to cut the line in white.

I have a jump seat and all the misc parts (drawer, trim, etc.) with usb and 110v outlet available in ABQ, NM for someone going the other way.

Attachments

• 20230304_162610.jpg
    20230304_162610.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 55
  • carpet.jpg
    carpet.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on getting that done!

Reaction score
Do you know what harness goes to the console? I don’t have a big black plug on my floor console

jdl440

Reaction score
What are you doing with your bench seat? I want to do the conversion the other way if anyone wants to trade.

RX9790

Reaction score
Should be a black plug on the floor console in the front.

SuperLunchbox

Reaction score
What are you doing with your bench seat? I want to do the conversion the other way if anyone wants to trade.

I’ve got a bench I wouldn’t mind changing over. Where are you located?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLunchbox

Reaction score
Still interested in swapping the console for the bench?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread