5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belt replacement video

jonscheer92

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good videos for replacing the accessory and water pump belts on the V8 with e-torque? I skimmed youtube and couldn't find anything Chris Fix worthy, but I did find this thread below that lead to a link with replacement instructions and recommendation to buy a belt remover tool. I'm still pretty new to working on my truck and very much a visual learner, I'd like to do as much work on my own as possible and the posts in these forums have been very helpful so far. Any other help, tips or tricks would be much appreciated.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Try this ...

EDIT: I just re-read your post. That vid is for non-etorque.

Last edited:

jonscheer92

Reaction score
I think I saw this one a while ago while looking. I don't think there are a lot of 5th gen repair videos out there and if there are I can't find them.

jonscheer92

Reaction score
I should have also added that the basis of this question is a squeak noise I hear during idling and driving, after looking at it and listening to the engine at idle I'm 99% certain ive narrowed it down to either the crank shaft pulley wobbling or the belt is just noisy. I've just now noticed the noise at 40k miles, I bought the truck used and I'm confident it's original belts. Link to video with audio I took.

Users who are viewing this thread