5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Belltech lowering

Svt40

Reaction score
So has anyone lowered their Ram using the full Belltech set yet?

I am thinking about getting the 2" drop spindles and the 4"-5" drop rear so I get a nice 2/4 drop.

Just hoping to hear some real world opinions on it.

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your truck originally came with the factory 22” wheels, you can forget the drop spindles. They will not work. They are only designed to work with the 20” wheels and lower. For some reason, FCA decided to use a different diameter hub for the 22” wheels. Now, you can buy the hubs for the 20” wheels, but to me, the cost wasn’t worth it.

See below to see my experience:

AND

Last edited:

Clv22p

Reaction score
I noticed they have notes on their website and install guides now saying no vehicle factory equipped with 22s.

Svt40

Reaction score
I'm poor so my truck only came with 20's. So no issue there.

BadTrooper_345

Reaction score
quick question on belltech, im guessing the shock they offer are better than the ones from maxtrac? serious think of swapping out the maxtrac for the belltech, the one that offers 3-4 front and 4-5 rear?

Rock Crawler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends on what you get. I bet a basic strut is a basic strut. Same goes for shocks. But if you are looking at their fully adjustable coil overs, that’s a whole different deal. Fully adjustable (height, compression and rebound) would be the way to go, but pricey.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm poor so my truck only came with 20's. So no issue there.

Doesn’t sound like you’re poor when considering your signature plus looking to lower. 😎

I say wait & do it right if that’s the case. @Rock Crawler has one of the best setups on here - my favorite with air for sure. Check out his build thread.

If you don’t have or want air, then look at @ferraiolo1’s build and the others among the same lowering threads like @1LowTrk @1lowcab etc - can’t remember them all

Users who are viewing this thread