5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

beefing up payload

Loo

Reaction score
Got a 2022 Ram 2500 6.4 litre 4x4 long box,
. Looking to pickup a camper. My understanding is 4000 lb payload. Truck has air bag suspension in the rear. What options do I have not too increase payload but add strength as too minimize wear and tear?

Attach files

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a 2022 Ram 2500 6.4 litre 4x4 long box,
. Looking to pickup a camper. My understanding is 4000 lb payload. Truck has air bag suspension in the rear. What options do I have not too increase payload but add strength as too minimize wear and tear?

Attach files

Probably better off posting on HDrams.com. This forum is more based toward the 1500 5th gen crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rocket Man

Reaction score
I would enjoy a discussion on increasing the payload of the 1500 if anyone has a legit way to do this.

Andymax

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I would enjoy a discussion on increasing the payload of the 1500 if anyone has a legit way to do this.
There is no such thing, honestly. you *could* replace the axles and all the suspension with HDparts...but why on earth would you? The only viable tool to accomplish this is www.autotrader.com.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Yep buy a lower optioned truck then you’ll have more available payload.. legally you cant change what your sticker says these numbers exist for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rocket Man

Reaction score
Daaang, that’s crazy. It’s not necessarily suspension being the prime issue, literally frame limitations.

Users who are viewing this thread