5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedTred Impact Mat - ETA unknown

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I emailed BedRug about availability of the Bedtred Impact Mat for the short bed RamBox model, they said it's coming eventually but they don't have an ETA.

Not sure if anyone else is more interested in it than the BedRug, but thought I'd pass that on.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I emailed BedRug about availability of the Bedtred Impact Mat for the short bed RamBox model, they said it's coming eventually but they don't have an ETA.

Not sure if anyone else is more interested in it than the BedRug, but thought I'd pass that on.
So what’s the diff @habu987 is it just the floor section, or is it a different material? I might be switching trucks to one without the spray in liner or ‘boxes... will be shopping for bed liner and divider options.

habu987

Reaction score
So what’s the diff @habu987 is it just the floor section, or is it a different material? I might be switching trucks to one without the spray in liner or ‘boxes... will be shopping for bed liner and divider options.
My understanding is that it's a different material, same padding as the BedRug, just topped with a rubber compound rather than carpet. The other difference is that they don't offer the full bed & sides protection like you can get with the BedRug, just the bed cover.

I like the idea of having some sort of a mat on top of the liner, but not a huge fan of having carpet back there; this sounds like a great option if it comes out in a timely manner.

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Cool thanks, just watched the installation video. They warn you that to put it on top of a spray in bed liner you need to use a special adhesive product so consider that when deciding. Looks like there is a total bed cover system for around the same cost as the bedrug, and yes it looks like a smoother, more durable material. I like it, thanks.

habu987

Reaction score
Cool thanks, just watched the installation video. They warn you that to put it on top of a spray in bed liner you need to use a special adhesive product so consider that when deciding. Looks like there is a total bed cover system for around the same cost as the bedrug, and yes it looks like a smoother, more durable material. I like it, thanks.
Yeah, they've got the BedTred Impact mat and the BedTred Ultra bed liner. The Ultra is the one they showed in the video, but looks like it isn't available for the 2019 (yet). The Impact mat is available for the non-Rambox 2019, but I didn't think to ask if they plan to come out with a full liner version.

XDBrad

Reaction score
They are making it, check’s in the mail but not in the mailbox just yet. I’m holding out for the bedtred ultra, fits just like the Bedrug but has a smooth finish vs carpet. I’ve had the Bedrug in the past and the bedtred is easier to clean. No idea of durability though, this one will be my first ... someday.

Users who are viewing this thread