5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BedRug

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
For those who might be interested, I just ordered a BedRug from TonneauCoversWorld.com, and they are apparently the same company as RealTrucks.com, as that is who my confirmation email and billing came through.

And, better than that, they are running a Halloween Special right now. By ordering through a chat session with a sales representative, I was able to get the full carpet liner for $385 shipped, which is a $15 discount...every dollar helps. :)

On the flip side of this, I had called my local dealer (where I plan to get my ARE CX-REVO if/when they become available), and was quoted $599 for the same thing. I get that everyone has to make a little money, and I get that the $599 was an installed price, but, seriously??? $214 for installing a BedRug? I think not....

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the flip side of this, I had called my local dealer (where I plan to get my ARE CX-REVO if/when they become available), and was quoted $599 for the same thing. I get that everyone has to make a little money, and I get that the $599 was an installed price, but, seriously??? $214 for installing a BedRug? I think not....

That's a stupid high markup.... did they give you an availability date for the CX-Revo?

Also, as @Dustin posted elsewhere, if you are Active Duty/Vet, call Bedrug directly for 10% off, just need to email proof of service.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
That's a stupid high markup.... did they give you an availability date for the CX-Revo?

Also, as @Dustin posted elsewhere, if you are Active Duty/Vet, call Bedrug directly for 10% off, just need to email proof of service.

They did not have an availability date yet on the Revo. I have been communicating directly with ARE on their Facebook page as well as via email, and they just said "they are working hard to get it into production". They actually had a pic of one on a 2019 Ram for the SEMA auto show, so they should be getting close. I have been told by my local dealer (back a couple of months ago when I was thinking Z-Series) that the wait time on orders for these toppers is 6-8 weeks or more. So, even if they get them ready for production, there's still going to be a while. :(

I didn't serve in the military so I wasn't eligible for those discounts...but pretty happy with the deal I got today.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on the ARE... they have a picture of one? Now I'm gonna have to stalk their page and find the pics... my last cap was ARE, I'd like to have another.

You got a good deal as well... I was just throwing that out there as an option if it applies.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Just to update those who may be interested, my BedRug arrived today. That's pretty quick shipping, especially FREE shipping. Came FedEx.

RebelMike

Reaction score
I'm curious if they have fixed the seam where the bedsides meet the floor near the tailgate. Several members have said there is a considerable gap between them. Please let us know what yours is like.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
I'm curious if they have fixed the seam where the bedsides meet the floor near the tailgate. Several members have said there is a considerable gap between them. Please let us know what yours is like.
Not sure when I'll get to install it, but hopefully within the next couple of days...will definitely report back.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I'll try and get updated pics of mine. It's better, but nothing like my F150. After more review, it's not all BedRug's fault. The bed design of the Ram vs F150 is different. F150 has a bottom and then sides - you can see space between the aluminum panels. Ram appears to be all in one piece and it's curved.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine arrived yesterday as well (also FEDEX). The temporary tri-fold cover is expected tomorrow so both will get installed then.

1stTimeRAM

Reaction score
Got the BedRug installed. A bit tedious, but not difficult really. Took me about 2 hours by myself to do it.

It could have stood to have been 1/2" longer on the sides, to fit in the back corners a little better, but overall I am very pleased with the result.

I also installed my US Visors, and WeatherTech splash guards. Pleased with both of those items too.

RebelMike

Reaction score
Yours doesn't have a noticeable gap at all. That is very good news. I loved my bedrug in my '14, but was putting off getting one after hearing some of the gap issues some were having. I think I will be ordering one now. Thanks for the info and for posting the pics.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yours doesn't have a noticeable gap at all. That is very good news. I loved my bedrug in my '14, but was putting off getting one after hearing some of the gap issues some were having. I think I will be ordering one now. Thanks for the info and for posting the pics.

Mine looks similar to the above pics. I keep forgetting to take pics. Order it.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the adhesive promotor arrived and I was able to install the Bedrug.

The height along the bulkhead slopes from right to left (carpet is flat along the wall).

No pic, but the right side of the Bedrug is cut shorter than the left, though not noticeable as it is still under the rail.

No gap along the sides, and the carpet came all the way to the edge (no pics, it got dark, but I can pics tomorrow if wanted).

I popped the LED lights... they are clips top and bottom, some adhesive foam and the bedliner to get past. Damned if I could figure out how to remove it without snapping the top clip.... the light on the right I cut the Bedrug the same size as the opening, the one on the left I went a little wide as I was losing light.

I think if you cut the spot indicated by Bedrug it will be a loose fit and there is no velcro in the area to hold down the opening.

At some point (depending if they fall out a lot) I may replace the LEDS so they clip back into place snugly.

Back.png

light.png

Users who are viewing this thread